D-LA2A Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again!!

Now I just need to figure out wich colors the cinemag 9589 mean. I dont understand there wiring diagram.

Eric

If you buy an IEC socket with a built in fuse for 240 volts. What fuse do you get, like how many amps or milliamps and is it slow blow or fast blow?

Well after a long days work I powerd this bad boy up....and nothing blew up! Thats always good. But I am having some issues. So.... It passes audio but no gain, I do not have the VU meters hooked up yet and Im wondering if that would be part of the problem. The starange part is that it passes audio even powerd off??  I also blew some fuses during testing. they are only 250v 250ma slow blow and Ive read I need larger amp rating. So I hope thats it. One a good note the audio is very clean. Also it looks like all the tubes are heating up ok.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

tskguy said:
Well after a long days work I powerd this bad boy up....and nothing blew up! Thats always good. But I am having some issues. So.... It passes audio but no gain, I do not have the VU meters hooked up yet and Im wondering if that would be part of the problem. The starange part is that it passes audio even powerd off??  I also blew some fuses during testing. they are only 250v 250ma slow blow and Ive read I need larger amp rating. So I hope thats it. One a good note the audio is very clean. Also it looks like all the tubes are heating up ok.

Thanks in advance,

Eric
Where is this fuse that blows that you talk about? Is this in your IEC power socket? If not then do you have a fuse in your IEC power socket and if so, is it slow blow or fast blow and how many milliamps. Are you using 240 or 115 volts to power up your unit from the mains socket?

tskguy said:
.... It passes audio but no gain, I do not have the VU meters hooked up yet and Im wondering if that would be part of the problem. The starange part is that it passes audio even powerd off??  ...
sounds like you are testing the bypass  ;D ;D ;D
the relays need power for operation mode, no power = bypass.

canidoit said:
If you buy an IEC socket with a built in fuse for 240 volts. What fuse do you get, like how many amps or milliamps and is it slow blow or fast blow?
500mA slow blow. doesn't matter if your fuse is in the IEC socket or if you have an extra fuse holder.

ok I figured that out!! Thanks for the help...Now I get audio through with some noise wich im not to worried about..

I just need to hook up the VU's I thought I had an issue with the T4 but turned out I wasnt feeding the unit enough gain. Now all looks good.

Still some holes to drill but Im pretty stoked...

E

Hello again...

So everything seems to be working well. I do have a question regarding the steroe adjust and limit adjust pots on the board. What exactly does it adjust?  Cant seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance
E

No I chose to use the two pots mounted on the board. They dont seem to have a stop to them so turning them counter clockwise isnt very logical.  Just trying to understand the best way to adjust this thang :)

Eric

tskguy said:
No I chose to use the two pots mounted on the board. They dont seem to have a stop to them so turning them counter clockwise isnt very logical.  Just trying to understand the best way to adjust this thang :)
Eric
Eric, they have a stop (you will hear a "click")

Ok cool,

I was being a little careful I was worried they would break.....I wil do that, Thanks again.

Eric

hello , for the first try,
i would put edcor transformer inside the dla2a, for input and output.
i tryed to check the data to know how to link it, this my result:

INPUT edcor XSM 600/10k
edcor pin 1 = 4383 brown
edcor pin 2 = 4383 pink
edcor pin 4 = 4383 green
edcor pin 5 = 4383 blue
edcor pin 8 = 4383 grey
edcor ground= 4383 black

OUTPUT edcor XSM10k/600
edcor pin 1 = 8940 yellow
edcor pin 4 = 8940 green
edcor pin 5 = 8940 grey
edcor pin 8 = 8940 pink
edcor ground= 8940 black

the question is: Is it right and need i used the grip like the sowter pin or need i wired it direct on the xlr ?

Thank you

stereokillah said:
the question is: Is it right and need i used the grip like the sowter pin or need i wired it direct on the xlr ?
1st: haven't checked (yet)
2nd: it is possible to connect the transformers directly to the XLRs, with the disadvantage of not using the bypass circuit located on the PCB

thank you [silent:arts] , i will do with the pin to have the bypass .

there is not problem with this edcor on input, cause i've already seen  on the output of the DLa2a finish but never input.

stereokillah said:
thank you [silent:arts] , i will do with the pin to have the bypass .

there is not problem with this edcor on input, cause i've already seen  on the output of the DLa2a finish but never input.

I tried the Edcors 10k/10k as input tx and had a strange frequency response. I finally used the recommended Sowters for input and the Edcors for output.
regards
Bernd

On the papeer I assume - I have a 10k/10k in my D-AOC (similar input stage) and it sounds beautiful, but looks strange as well ;)

cheers
christoph

Back