D-LA2A Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi stereokillah,

remember one thing: the potentiometer have a tolerance of up to 20%.
there is no way to calibrate it exactly for full and half of the scale.

when using in stereo I always calibrate it like this:
- mono sine wave to both channels
- set desired gain equally watching my external RTW (Meter)
- set the desired gain reduction equally watching my external RTW (Meter)

would the tracking between channels be much off if using stepped rotary switches on both channels? thinking about the tollerance of the drip T4B's..

Hi all ,
I need your advice about the case of the D-LA2A :
If i make the Project with a 2U case there is a problem of too much temparature inside the case ??
Or i s better to choose an 3U case ?
Please let me know
Thank you
Fabio

hi.....i'm calibrating my unit.....for having a flat frequency response the limiter response trimmer must be 0R and C112-212 in short circuit.....?

HI ALL,
I RECEIVED AN E-MAIL FROM DRIPELECTRONICS
THAT ASK ME IF I WANT THE T4Bs SLOW OR FAST
CAN YOU HELP ME ABOUT IT ??
LET ME KNOW
THANK YOU
FABIO

silent:arts, your inbox is full so I can't PM you; sorry for hijacking this thread a bit, but do you have any estimate on when the D-LA2A PCBs will be available again?

Best Regards,
B.

baadc0de said:
silent:arts, your inbox is full so I can't PM you; sorry for hijacking this thread a bit, but do you have any estimate on when the D-LA2A PCBs will be available again?

Best Regards,
B.

once I have written the terms of condition and all product descriptions I will open the web store.
the sooner the better, but I will need at least two more weeks ::)

Hi All,
Where i can find the component placement for the revision 02
I find only the version 01
Soldering iron was burning  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Let me know
Thank you
Fabio

That's not entirely correct.

from elsewhere in the forum, regarding T4B matching and calibration:

(from my notes, probably originally posted by SSLTech)

You adjust R25 until it matches. Without calibrating R25, they don't track accuratley on ANY LA-2a. Replace R25 with a trimpot of about 1.5 or 2 times the stated value of R25 then start it halfway and NEVER take it all the way to either extreme. Somewhere in there will be a setting which makes the meter agree when switching between GR and +4, after setting a tone to 0VU output in +4 mode with no GR present. Increase the GR and set it so that it matches at around -5dB (5dB gain reduction). It will be maybe a little off at -3dB, maybe a little off at -8dB... a little off all over the scale, but I find that matching the meter at-5dB is usually an excellent compromise. The only way to get them to track correctly is to MATCH the optos in your T4b. Then you re-adjust R25 and try again.

elsewhere in the forum there's lots of info. Please use the search.

Same applies to C4 and C14. There's a lot more to them than the stone set values of D-LA2A Rev2 schematics...

What's wrong with Kingstons (thanks btw  ;)) explanation? either use the default value of 33k, or match the resistor to "perfect" specs.

33K is fine. the original T4Bs came with a resistor, but I don't know anybody who haven't received another value than 33K.

the nice description Kingston posted is indeed from SSLTech (can't find the thread now ...)
btw, this resistor is part of the gainreduction metering - the only thing what happens without calibration is:
your meter shows a gain reduction of 5dB, but in reality it might be 4 or 6dB.

i ve read this last message and i would to know.
my twwo dla2a have the same problem with Gr meter, after  all the calibration, the u + 4 is the same on the 2 vumeter but for the same compression on protools vu , the dla2a gr meter give me differents result , for exemple ine give -3 and the other -7 with stereo and dula mono.

if i put trimmer istead of TBD could i modified this problem

ok now on right channel there is a trimmer instead of the 33k TBD and after some calibration i've the same signal in the two vumeter in GR mode , buut now the pointer go to +2 some second before return to zerowhen i back the reduction to 0

Latest posts

Back