D-LA2A Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bongolijus said:
Hi there,

I have few questions regarding this beuty. The first one, what actually the limiter response and stereo adjust trimpots do? I have plan to move these on the faceplate to make more useful. The other one, will the ecc802s tube will fit the 12ax7 situation?

Thanks!

No need to move the stereo adj. to the front. There´s a calibration procedure somewhere.

RE the limiter response pot, i put those on the front panel on my DLA2A, and i love it !

Good luck !

Thanks Silvas.  Ok, I'll leave the stereo adj in the calmness :) But what it does? adds stereo wideness or what? What about ecc802s tube? any ideas?

flight said:
Hi All ,

Hey is this normal the T4B from dripelectronics do not fit on the Pcb ??

You might find Bernbrue's post on this page useful :

http://www.nrgrecording.de/nrg/viewtopic.php?t=405&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=255

Hi

Is the 6AQ5A the same as EL90 and 6005 ?  Is it direct replacements?  Tubetown has the el90..

(I've searched the forum for this...but couldn't fint the answer :) )

[silent:arts] said:
baadc0de said:
silent:arts, do you have any estimate on when the D-LA2A PCBs will be available again?

Best Regards,
B.

once I have written the terms of condition and all product descriptions I will open the web store.
the sooner the better, but I will need at least two more weeks ::)

I would also like to buy a couple dual-LA2A PCBs!  I have a two nice Purusha dual LA2A cases & have been waiting to find PCBs...
Marc

NE-2 question...

I received the neon lamp from Elfa today: partno: 33-665-07

Neon lamp with wire ends.
Size: Ø4×11 mm For 110 V series resistor 56 kΩ
For 220 V series resistor 100 kΩ

Current rating: 0,25 mA
Voltage rating: 65 V ac

Will this do?

Can I use any of the Hairball transformeres for the project?
http://hairballaudio.com/shop/index.php?cPath=24

Cheers
Soeren

What's the best(safest) procedure to power on for the first time.....

I'm only missing the VU's to complete my 1st dla2a...what is the safest way to power on the first time?

Is it ok to power up with only pcb + powertrafo connected?  no tubes, xformers og T4B's, then measure the voltages (even tho it's without any load)

Don't want this baby to blow up with all the expencive parts attacked....(yeah I know.... no risk no fun)

Can I use 22UF/400V instead of 22UF/450V for the C1, C2, C3, C4, C171, C271, C172, C272, C173, C273, C174, C274

Cheers
Soren

How critical is the "tubes touching the case lid in 2HE units"? Could I use a bit of insulating ribbon or similar on the case lid to prevent the 6aq5 from accidentally touching the lid? I already shortened the solder legs of the socket, but it's still a very tight fit?

Thanks!
Christoph

use lower stand offs ;)

there is no electronically problem if the tube touches the lid.
if you have it safe in your rack nothing will happen.
but if you have it outside the rack, someone smashing another piece of gear on top it could break.

5mm standoffs + 250V Anode Voltage = Problem? But I get your point, will try to build a suspension ring for the upper part of the tube.

Thanks!
Christoph

Latest posts

Back