D-LA2A Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
benlindell said:
1. The Gain and Peak pots, I assume the wiper is in the middle on the board, I usually use the shield for the wiper.
the Molex connectors have the same pin numbers like a potentiometer in that place.
use the shield for pin one, it is connected to ground anyway.

benlindell said:
2. The Stereo Link switch, I just connect the left pin of each one together with a switch, and the right straight to each other?
yes - the right pin is ground

benlindell said:
3. the GAIN RED switch toggles Gain Reduction and Output I assume
true

Does anybody have the US builders BOM that was put together for this?
Also, what's the best place to source a prefab case in the US?
Thanks all

[silent:arts] said:
benlindell said:
1. The Gain and Peak pots, I assume the wiper is in the middle on the board, I usually use the shield for the wiper.
the Molex connectors have the same pin numbers like a potentiometer in that place.
use the shield for pin one, it is connected to ground anyway.

benlindell said:
2. The Stereo Link switch, I just connect the left pin of each one together with a switch, and the right straight to each other?
yes - the right pin is ground

benlindell said:
3. the GAIN RED switch toggles Gain Reduction and Output I assume
true

Cool, Thanks, I'm a little confused with the pin numbering, my boards don't have any numbers on them.

tomcat said:
What makes me wonder. Somewhere (i believe old drip docs) it was recommended to use for the pots and trimmers 2watt types!?

So just overkill there or budget/underkill here?

Volker, can you enlighten me? ;)

benlindell said:
Cool, Thanks, I'm a little confused with the pin numbering, my boards don't have any numbers on them.
true, no pin numberings on the PCB. left side is one, middle is two, right side is three.
if you are unsure, ohm out pin 1 with your meter.

tomcat said:
Volker, can you enlighten me? ;)
sure. 2W is overkill. my unit (1/4W resistors, 1/2W potentiometers) works with no problems for years now.
the potentiometers carry just standard audio line-level signal.

Does anybody have the US builders BOM that was put together for this?
I have a very detailed US BOM I will be uploading shortly. I won't get to finishing it this weekend - most likely monday it will be posted here...

I finished wiring up one side of my D-La2a and I'm not getting any signal. I traced the signal around and it's getting to the peak reduction pot, the gain pot and the t4b. the 12bh7 and 6aq5a are glowing but the 12ax7s are not. I checked and they are getting 6.7V at the heaters, Any ideas? I am using NOS russian 6n2p's which are supposed to be 12ax7 replacements.

And I found a pair of 12AX7s. this thing sounds awesome!!! Trying both the fast and slow drip cells, I can't decide, they are both great.

So troubleshooting, I thought I wired my gain pot for 75k+25k pot but I can get past 1 with it, I must have messed something up. I put the 75k between the wiper and the wire that goes to pin 2 on the PCB

Transformer question here:
I'm using a transformer that has one 6.3v heater winding at 3A and a 12.6vct winding at 2A. If I only use half of the 12.6v winding (for just the 6AQ5s) is the rating then only 1A?

Latest posts

Back