D-LA2A Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi volker,
i have some edcors wsm 15k/600 for the output - do you have a european source for some input trafos? tonydb does not distrtibute edcors any more...

so... have you tried with your haufe 1:1 like mentioned earlier in the thread?

i have the original pot/resistor values so 1:1 would perhaps be good anyway  :)

Hey,
Trying to wire four UTC A-26's as input and output transformers. This is my first build ever and I'm sure the info is on the the thread somewhere just can't seem to find it>
I found this a few pages back for output wiring of a A-24:

- join 8 and 9
- yellow to 7
- green to 10
- join 3 and 4
- grey to 1
- pink to 6
- black to ground

Not sure if this would apply to the A-26 as well and if it does how would I "reverse" it for input.
Any help would be appreciated! All the tubes are a glow'in and the voltages seem correct so i'm almost there!!!!

electrisizer said:
hi volker,
i have some edcors wsm 15k/600 for the output - do you have a european source for some input trafos? tonydb does not distrtibute edcors any more...

so... have you tried with your haufe 1:1 like mentioned earlier in the thread?

i have the original pot/resistor values so 1:1 would perhaps be good anyway  :)

buy it directly from edcor usa, we did it

Hi All,
      Just starting out with this project, and already have a question... I have a large stock for Carbon film resistors ( got from an Electronics shop that closed ) and was wondering if they would be good to use in this Project as the U.S. BOM listed resistors as metal film.
    Thanks
              Chip

when the original LA2 was released there where just carbon resistors on the market. So make a guess ;)

Thanks tomcat  !

I kinda thought so, but wanted to ask here to possibly get a different perspective.  I found this article - http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/carbon_comp/carboncomp.htm -  and found it interesting, I try to take in as many opinions as possible, then try what I feel makes science to me    ;D

I wired the a-26's and the unit is passing signal but very low level. I wired the input a-26 as follows:

brown=pin 1
Pins 3&4 jumped
green=pin 6
Blue=pin  7
pins 8&9 jumped
grey= pin 10
Black=ground
Not sure what to do with the center tap (Pink)???

I'm a noob so I just tried reversing the in and out signals on the transformer and left the jumpers in the same position as the output transformer.
Any help would awesome!!!

Hi,

should the 3k6 resistor be connected to the positive or negative side of the VU meter? I found inconsistent info about this and therefore I would greatly appreciate it, if someone could clarify this point for me...

Cheers,

Matteo

The UREI manual schematic shows the negative side, but I've seen no difference between the two in practice.

So I didn't jump the grid stoppers, that was my issue with the no signal flow.
Right channel is passing audio now but not the left.
Making some progress!

Getting 182.2v on both sides of the 250V legs of the Rondo trafo. What would cause this?
Not sure if under voltage would cause audio not to pass on channel 1.
I swapped all tubes,t4b & i/o transformers w/ channel 2 (passing audio at least) and still no audio.
I can hear the gain working and getting the HF OSC but no audio passing.
I could use some advise......Pretty Please  ;D

EHOFFA007 said:
Getting 182.2v on both sides of the 250V legs of the Rondo trafo. What would cause this?
I swapped all tubes,t4b & i/o transformers w/ channel 2 (passing audio at least) and still no audio.

Hi,
did you wire the primary for 115V?
regards
Bernd

thestudio said:
I've been to that thread but is there a email address or site to purchase these pcb's.......?

Gotta read it all the way down:

contact sales[at]51xAudio.com if you have any interest.
please always include your forum name and location for a quote.

best
Volker
[silent:arts]

bernbrue said:
EHOFFA007 said:

Hi,
did you wire the primary for 115V?
regards
Bernd

I'm pretty sure I do?

2x 115 ge-ws/ge-ws (ge = Yellow ws=white?)

Tied yellow's together to hot pin of the IEC
Tied white's together, switched and tied to Negative of IEC.

which voltage do you have if the 250v wires are not connected on boardif it's 250v you have a problem on board

swap tubes t4 put out the 250v wires of the left side and mesure if it's good you have a prloblem on left side,
if not  replace it and put out the right side and mesure if it's good it's a problem on right side,

check if there is not a bad contact with the wires under the board and check your resistor

Back