D-LA2A Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK cool, so I switched them, I'm still getting the same readings everywhere though. Just curious, what does having the AC power be out of phase do to the unit?

sonicwarrior said:
Finally someone with a case from the evil man. Where did you get the lamp/LED holder from?
Any problems with the power switch in the middle?

Ahaha why evil man ? (i got this since a looong time)
The VU lamp are simple a blue led above the meter.

no problem with the power switch in the middle, both channels are very silent (Ch2 have slighty more hum than 1 but is not relevant... both are below -90 !!)

Cardinen said:
Ahaha why evil man?

He pissed off a lot of people here. E.g. I have a dual mic pre case from him were the front panel turned violet because of UV sensitiveness.

Cardinen said:
The VU lamp are simple a blue led above the meter.

I didn't mean the VU meters but the lamp in the middle. I don't know where to get a lamp/LED holder that fits this f****ing big hole.

sonicwarrior said:
I didn't mean the VU meters but the lamp in the middle. I don't know where to get a lamp/LED holder that fits this f****ing big hole.

Sorry I misunderstood, mine is this : http://www.banzaimusic.com/Jewel-Full-Assembly-Deep-Blue.html

p.s: Hope my case don't turn violet this night...  :)

Oh, I got the translation wrong. It's purple, not violet and it's a very dark purple. I also got a purple area at my Dual 1176 case.

Thanks for the Banzai. Comes in handy as I need to order from them anyway.

Well, the heater wiring look ok for me, but what is that wire on top of the picture doing there? I would also check a few solder points for bad contact  or even shorts. I marked a few spots in the picture.
regards
Bernd

Attachments

• IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 79
bernbrue said:
Well, the heater wiring look ok for me, but what is that wire on top of the picture doing there? I would also check a few solder points for bad contact  or even shorts. I marked a few spots in the picture.
regards
Bernd
Good to know I got the heaters right. The wire at the top is the relay ground. I'm planning on going the whole thing joint by joint and double checking everything.

Ben
remove the wire, there is no need to ground the relay. It does´t make sense. Volker provided everything for proper grounding. This wire could be the reason for your problems.
regards
Bernd

Oh, I thought the 0V of the relays weren't tied together hence the molex for the relay having 0V and 5V, I didn't use a molex connector for the relay power so I figured I had to hardwire it.

Ok so..

Out of the case, and I reflowed a bunch of joints and I now have the left channel working (this is the one that has worked before then stopped working)

I then took everything plugged in to the left and put it on the right (XLRs, Transformers, Tubes, T4B, Pots, switches) and I get a big fat nothing :( I checked the heaters and I'm now getting the same on both channels (and the tubes are getting warm on the right as well) and I went through the high voltages and once again they're all pretty close, just a little under in most cases.

I just checked my relays to make sure they are working correctly on both channels.

I'm getting stumped.... Where should I be looking? It's weird to be getting no sound right?

Luckily I've eliminated a lot of variables
- Tubes
- T4B
- Pots
- Switches
- Transformers
- XLR connectors
- Heaters
- High-Voltage

Also on the working channel I'm getting way too much gain, did I still do the 25k pot + 75k thing wrong? I'm at unity at around 8:00, it's way too sensitive, even more so than real units I've worked with. I attached a pic of my gain pot hopefully I just got something backwards there.

Attachments

• D-La2a Gain Problem.jpg
    D-La2a Gain Problem.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 80
I just did a detailed check of all the resistors and caps from one channel to the other. I also checked the tube sockets and molexs for continuity.

Latest posts

Back