What have I done?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrayCat

I may have been still drunk when I posted. The Pultec can be the solid state like Steffans(spelling??) I think I was negligent on that statement. Most simple EQ's I've seen(maybe not the best sounding) don't have much to their design. I am building a G9 right now and thought the extra tube voltages would cause power problems or induce noise somewhere else. Maybe a remote power supply?The Compressor should be line level same as the EQ. final make up gain?? I should just toss the stone in and wait for the waves to settle but I'd thought that I'd say keep it either solid state or Tube(add LA2A) before we drown in a million options. Reminder to take your medication before you Write. Or right. rite?

A Pultec can have any kinda makeup gain stage, tube, transistor, FET, opamp or flux capacitor.

No need for a remote PSU. Those need extra care and the Gyraf project wasn't build for that I think.

Didn't quite get the last part of your questions :?

Halt your post.

this thread is better viewed with the channel strip topic. I double posted a new reply. Follow this thread on the Channel strip design topic.

Sorry this post is my quick fix!
no time for spell check

Do some work you naughty boy...!
lightsaber2.gif

:green: :green:

[quote author="sismofyt"]A Pultec can have any kinda makeup gain stage, tube, transistor, FET, opamp or flux capacitor.
[/quote]

Hey, what the hell is a flux capacitor? Does it sounds nice?

Heh.. :grin: Flux capacitors is the new thing, it's a combined vintage class A discrete tube single ended trannie coupled no feedback high voltage servo balanced DC coupled amp like gadget that's the new standard for phat warm full punchy clear commercial in the box readymade number one hit sound. You don't have one, McFly?

:green:

Remember the film 'Back to the Future'? I think it was the device that made the DeLorean (sp?) jump through time.

If it's good enough for Mcfly's timetravelling, it's good enough for a mere 20dB gain makeup :cool:

No worries mate :wink: I don't remember where I lifted that pic, but that's one big ass Eimac tube :shock: (No not the one on the left, the big thing the girl is trying to climb)..

[quote author="Winston O'Boogie"]
What an I getting myself into here :?: :grin:
I already have a 14 year old daughter, An 11 year old son and another 3 and a half year old son who just loves giving me a big hug when I've got my soldering iron in one hand and a hot air gun in the other!!!![/quote]

My three(5, 3, 1) always come into the studio to 'herd cats'.

"Oof, look out for the bass! :shock:

"Whoah, I didn't know you could play drums :!: "

While the other races around shouting "Kiddy, kiddy, kiddy, kiddy" :green:

It's a wonder I haven't burnt a whole through my thumb yet. Or my forehead :grin:

Holy crap you guys are desperate to post. Yeah Jacob delete this thread, consider it a dead topic that seems to get more replies than the parent topic that I posted. Oh I get it! Anyway AXE the THREAD but please allow the highly praised creators time to save their "INTELLECTUAL" Property first. Man Oh Man you guys. I go off to work and this happens. ?I gotta quit the day job to save this from happening again!!!!

Latest posts

Back