Firewire Playback Device for Show Control

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattnj

Does anyone know of a SINGLE audio computer interface (standard firewire) that will playback 24 (or more) tracks of audio that also has MIDI i/o?

We are currently using MOTU 24 i/o's with MOTU midi interfaces.  The first problem is that the 24 i/o's are AudioWire only which leaves the problem of having an open card slot. And secondly, they don't have local MIDI i/o.  The next problem is that we are running an "A/B" system in case of failure, which means we have 2 24 i/o's with 2 MOTU MIDI interfaces and 2 computers all switched by one custom A/B box. But it seems like this system could be streamlined with a better interface choice.  It is only used for playback of tracks, so we don't need the "i"s.  Any thoughts?

-Matt

Sorry, I didn't specify one more important point. It would be nice to go all analog outs, not ADAT. We've used the fireface stuff for this application before in applications using the Yamaha MY cards and then it was perfect.  I think I'm asking for something that doesn't exist. (yet.....)

This is half way there  :-\

http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/FireWire/AudioFire12/index.php

but i'm sure i read a while back that Echo will do custom designed interfaces if needed. Probably very expensive...

Hey that's pretty cool. If only those 12inputs were outputs. But I am going to consider the custom option. Thanks!

Back