farewell friends

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrphotodude

i will be offline for a few months at least.
i am driving back across country then i start boot camp a few weeks later for the navy. I then go onto the advanced electronics school.
Hopefully by the time i'm done with that i will be able to come up with some killer designs and know more of what and why rather then just copying designs and tinkering. Thank you all on the board..i have learned much here and look forward to contributing in the future.
If i get time this weekend, i will post some pics of the NYD preamps i built.
Ken
l_96ecc155750f824a46edcacf903e956c.jpg

WRT my 'current' (AMPS) situation, must concede/consider the adage: change is good. In this economy 2 things must be factored in: 1) you got a job. and 2) you are learning something else--makes a fellow that much more valuable.
best of luck to you!

Ken,

All the best, may it proof profitable for you, not only monetarily, but also spiritually as well. These are trying times and the more one can learn the more marketable you are, not to mention it keeps your mind and body active changing careers (well unless you work in a toll both... not much movement there since you are sitting all day).

All the best

Matt

Smooth sailing! It's always good to change up the groove!
Though one would think they would have internet in the navy or electronic shool...

Farewell sounds kinda final...you'll be back won't you?

Farewell guys it's been nice...being a part of this forum. I'll be back tomorrow.

i'll be back as my governor would say....
i will not have much web access back home with my pals and in boot camp you have no contact with the outside world other then mailing letters. When i'm in school afterwards i will be online. It will be a few months then i will pop up and probally know a whole hell of a lot more then i know now.....like calling an enlisted sailor sir means a beating!
I'll leave you with my 80's hair project to laugh at...it was a whole lotta fun.
http://www.myspace.com/nakedwerewulf

I still get a little testy when people call me sir, (Don't call me sir, I work for a living!), but as an old geezer now I let it slide...

Some more advice, be careful what you volunteer for...  In Army basic I volunteered to get a military drivers license and it served me well.. I drove the chow trucks while the troops marched 5 miles to the rifle ranges, and another time, I picked up and dropped off troops for guard duty instead of standing guard duty myself..  If they're standing there with full paint cans and brushes, don't volunteer. ;D

As I recall you can send letters but you better learn to write in the dark, since they keep you humping 24 x 6.99. A little me time maybe on sunday.  Enjoy, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger.

JR

You'll be okay as long as you remember the two basic Navy rules:

1. If it moves, salute it.

2. If it doesn't move, paint it.

Stay safe, good luck.

Peace,
Paul

hey hey...
graduated boot yesterday.
even made early advancement to E-2.
All is well. Got the ET(electronics technician) rating...start tech school next week.
Look forward to getting involved in the prodigy family again.
:)

Latest posts

Back