Need mics repaired

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hp-30

I am looking for someone to diagnose/repair my rode nt1.
I hooked up new delta 44 , soundboard , new amp and software and did something to mic when I tested.

Evidently blew (capasiter??) Way too much board and amp turned up. Mic went dead.
M. Jolly suggested someone here may be of help.
How 'bout it.  (Oh yeah - I'm new)

Also have dead v63 that I killed a month earlier.
  >>>>>>>>>>> hp-30 <<<<<<<<<<<

post number one eh?

Help us help you by putting in your location, that way we can get  you in contact with the right people.

IS the v63 an MXL? If so that will be easier to repair as they use normal size parts. If the rode is anything like the one I looked at before, it would be best to go back to rode for repair. They never give out schematics and secondly they use mainly SMD parts outside of a few exceptions.

IIRC, the Rode NT1 has through-hole components for the most (certainly the larger capacitors).

If you can open it open (there should be two screws that hold the mic body onto the base - take these out and carefully slide the base out - the pcb and capsule/mount are attached to this) then post a few pictures of each side of the PCB.

I have a NT1 at home so if there are any illegible blown components on yours, I can look at them on mine and suggest replacements.

Thanks guys. I have a call in to Rode. I will try them first.
I am located in Chattanooga.
The MXL 63 is a low end mike and may not  be worth it, but I hate even having one of my mikes not work.
If I don't get answer I like from Rode, I will follow solderspongebob's suggestion.
  Thanks again > hp-30

Latest posts

Back