EQP1 Dual Pultec *finished* with *Purusha Case and PCBs*

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Switchcraft said:
Is purusha still selling pultec cases?

He does on his own forum now called DIY racked... Shipping to North America seems about twice the price it should be.
There are other options as well in the white market.

Kaz

ask in the diy racked forum,... i do not know if he still sells them but i would recommend to put those expensive builds in real engraved panels and thicker metal case chassis. Those from purusha are really thin and they must take a lot of waight... i think my build was around 5kilo and the case stability is not the best in the rack... i will stick this build in an own design in the future. maybe if you have anough space id suggest building two mono units in eqp1a style. have a nice day

hotbaby said:
this will help saving my life if i need to touch the condensators again:
img2000p.jpg

Can you explain this a bit? Is that a 13 M resistor to discharge the capacitors when switching the unit off?

What's underneath the black tape?

hi sonicwarrior,
this is a 510k 0,6W Resistor
PartNr.: SKU27546 (banzaimusic.com)

when i was child i opened very many electronic things... ;) so if i have childrens and they ll get this gene i do not want they shocked with 300v.

yes, it´s only function is to discharge the elcos. It takes hours till they are discharged without those resistors. Very dangerous if you open it a day after to forward working on it. But it does not replace measuring before you touch anything. It is necessitate measuring everytime before you touch the pcb! With resistors inserted it still takes some minutes (3-5min)... They influences sound or noisefloor in no way. I am still very happy with this eq. This is my workhorse beside an avalon 2055 but i should have been do the painfull work with those resistor stepped lorlins for this stereo build...

where did you get all those boards and would you mind posting a tutorial of your build?

where can I get the front plate also?

this looks damn close to the manley.

Beautiful piece! I like how you electrically shielded your electrolytic caps for safety. I've never seen anyone do anything about that. Much praise. Good work.

Latest posts

Back