Anyone perturbed about the "Are you single?" ads on the bottom of this board?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deuce42

I mean, are these ads trying to say something about DIYers? Are they targeted to this board specifically?

Is "Marcus" a DIYer as well?

Some of my favorites are:

"We buy transformers", super imposed on a pic of BIG ASS automotive and power tranos... I wonder what they would offer me for an Edcor insterstaging trano  ;D

Or

"Looking to buy a compressor?", superimposed on a pic of well... compressors... sadly not the audio kind.

And the best one is "Vote for change"

Since we go to the polls next week it obviously picks up I'm in South Africa and is edging me to 'vote DA' (which I'm doing anyways since I sure as heck don't want an ANC 2/3rd majority and I'm very happy with the way our city has been run by the DA on local level... oh well).

Matt

Well me thinks the ads must be targeted to your geographical area as pointed out in one of the posts above.

Maybe that means there are a lot of singles in Australia that "Marcus" can assist. Are Texan's prone to divorce then?

I am using firefox osx and yet still get them.

Matta - good luck with your election. I have met loads of South Africans in travels overseas. One that I travelled in Israel with put me onto the most awesome South African band at the time - Springbok Nude Girls. Loved them. In hindsight they sound very 90's but at the time  (it was the 90's!) I loved it:)

Rochey - congrats for your impending nuptuals:)

God Damn.

"Hi, My name is Susie and I am feeling horny, but have some impedance matching issues with my Pultec which is leading me to think I need to have some attention paid to my bottom-end. Looking for a slightly overweight man who knows how to handle a hot iron and isn't afraid of a solder sucker."

rodabod said:
God Damn.

"Hi, My name is Susie and I am feeling horny, but have some impedance matching issues with my Pultec which is leading me to think I need to have some attention paid to my bottom-end. Looking for a slightly overweight man who knows how to handle a hot iron and isn't afraid of a solder sucker."

Rochey,

The BBC needs to keep you busier... way too much time on your hands, LOL! That said, it was funny, very funny.

Matta - good luck with your election. I have met loads of South Africans in travels overseas. One that I travelled in Israel with put me onto the most awesome South African band at the time - Springbok Nude Girls. Loved them. In hindsight they sound very 90's but at the time  (it was the 90's!) I loved it:)

Thanks man, I am holding thumbs, it should hopefully be a free and fair one with little to no incidents (here is hoping). The Nude Girls are still around, Theo their guitar player is working as a producer now, I actually had to repair his Avalon 737 some time back. Arno, the singer went off on a 2 album solo deal, but they reformed last year and have a new album out... it is very 90's and as you shared, was great 90's music, esp the early days.

Matt

Not only does Google keep a file on every IP's searches, they can add additional data from the sites you visit via IP tracking on Google ads.

Maybe their idea of 'do it yourself' is something other than electronics.

Justin

Yeah, that is true.  Online ads are becoming something like a creepy electronic mirror.  creepy.  Time to become an electronic vampire . . .

Back