Contact cleaner advice sought.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Flinn

CAig products - deoxite or calube ?I keep hearing this manufacturers products mentioned for cleaning pots/faders. Are they the best ones on the market ? Which one is best or do both of them have uses for different jobs?

Can anyone recommend a supplier in the UK ?

Are there any alternative products that are any good that are easy to get in the UK ?

Sorry Rob,

Should be easy enough to find this stuff in the UK. I like it much...R5 for cleaning, Cailube for lubing up pots or switches. If you want the fader to glide you need the Cailube grease, though.

HTH!

I'll tell you how we clean pots and switches. We clean a lot of them each year when customers send their Speck mixers for updates and refurbishment.

We use Caig Cailube. The Cailube is available in 5% and 100% solution. First we apply a generous amount of the Cailube 5% solution to the pots to purge the dust and dirt. Then we apply a small amount of the Cailube 100% solution. We use needle dispensers to apply the solutions to the controls.

Regards,

Vince Poulos
Speck Electronics

Latest posts

Back