The end of paid music downloads ....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartyMart

Google for this stuff :

Spotify - free access to thousands of full and good quality mp3's from current releases to "Iron Butterfly"

Audio Hijack - records anything at all that plays audio on your computer ( Apple in my case ) including internet radio
and "encoded" players just like .......... you guessed it  "Spotify"  !!!

Where is this all going to end ?

Once it's "up their" then it's down-loadable and if it takes me a few minutes to hook these up, then it takes a teenager
about 30 seconds  !!

:-(      .... time for me to start selling Pizza's I guess !

MM.

Service is not available to USA users.

Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions we are not yet available in your country. We understand that you are currently in United States (your IP address xxxxxxxx).

Yeah, but just like they would not send russky chochkas to my wife from rueeia, she shipped them through, uh, somewhere else.
You think you'll stop a proxy site service?
Marty, are you better at making pizzas, running a political system, or making musicians into music?
There will always be a need for the latterest.  The first too.  Can't have musical synergy without the occasional pizza.
Anyway, there will always be an implied value to the talents of those involved in music and audio technology.
Mike
PS: And I do that now with a 3 inch mini trs-trs if I want to.  Outta whatever into Garagga Band.  Eff iTunes and their 99 cent ringtones!  Thang is that I am not selling any of my Frampton Comes Alive ringtones, or giving them away (because, well, uh, limited market and WGAF?).  The will and the way are already there without more services.
PPS: "WILL MAKE NANCY SINATRA RINGTONES FOR BULLETS" . . .  sorry, better post this in the "Jobbs offered" section :redd:

Both those things have been around for years and years.  google "total recorder" and any internet radio.  This is nothing new.

I just route MS audio mapper into my recording program of choice and I can rip anything that plays audio...  It's not like anyone needs a special program to do this..

::)

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/04/17/as-court-prepares-shackles-for-the-pirate-bay-other-torrent-sites-are-ready-to-replace-it/

One down, more to go...

JR

Mbira said:
Both those things have been around for years and years.  google "total recorder" and any internet radio.  This is nothing new.

I know but this combination seems a little devastating .... to me anyway who makes a living out of music
writing etc !!
I'm a bit behind perhaps than your average twenty-something !  ..... I'm old ....

> google "total recorder"

Or "patch cord".

If I can HEAR it, I can RECORD it. Duh!

Most sound cards, patch output to input, play your "protected" audio, run a sound recorder, you got it. Yes, another D/A-A/D conversion, but what the heck.

That's how I rip audio from YouTube clips. Yes, there are more sophisticated ways. But when Lover "needs" an old 45 from the 1960s that has not been issued in iTunes/WalMart/Amazon, bidda-bang 3 minutes later it is done.

You can directly rip audio off of youtube without having to do it in realtime as well...

Spend those extra 2:30 with lover  ;D

Latest posts

Back