DIY safety

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cost a LOT more than "1 pound 87" to have the Prop Dept rig-up that "DIY bookshelf".

At 3:00.... Marking parts with finger-ooze is standard practice, not humour.

At 3:26... I once saw a 2-bit kiddie-party "magician" do a FAR better job running a saber-saw through a body. In front of a live audience with full view of the saw and the victim. I was back-stage and saw how the blade was hinged to lay-back in the critical zone (a saw "guide" was also a safety-plate) but my grimace of glee at seeing the gimmick echoed the gleeful grimaces of the audience as they saw their party-chum being sawn in half. (Half the little brats were disappointed that no real damage happened.)

He's wearing a tie. How the hell did they miss the obvious tie-in-the-drillpress disaster?

Though hand-holding sheetmetal in the drill press is more exciting than tie-strangulation.

I bet any three of us here could do a far more accurate, and probably funnier, DIY show.

With as cheap and easy as podcasts are these days, why not? Skype plus some decent recording software == instant audio podcast with several people anywhere in the world.

Latest posts

Back