moamps

Re: Genelec 1030A Schematics ?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2021, 05:44:23 AM »
And which of the hundreds (or thousands) of schematics available here and on other sites, aren't (allegedly) copyrighted and "not for public use"? And who exactly benefits from keeping such secrets, really? :o

I don't really care about others, I did the scanning in this case and I asked to not publishing. I will not discuss with you or anyone else about it. If you don't see where is the problem, I can't help you. Schematics I scanned should be removed. End of story.

Whoops

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2021, 01:20:41 PM »
And which of the hundreds (or thousands) of schematics available here and on other sites, aren't (allegedly) copyrighted and "not for public use"? And who exactly benefits from keeping such secrets, really? :o

None actually.
People that need to repair the Genelec 1030 will benefit, for others it doesnt matter.
I'm pretty sure Moamps will benefit a lot from schematics that are shared around here and in the tech docs section.

So personally I think it's completely nonsense, even more nonsense was Moamps sending me a PM and then double posting here and in the tech docs section the exactly same thing, only the PM would be enough is not because of the triple posting that Im removing them.

Besides all the nonsense, I will respect of course what moamps asked me when he sent the schematics, something that I truly forgot, I'm sorry for that,  and I removed them from the tech docs section.

moamps

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2021, 02:48:12 PM »
Besides all the nonsense...
You inbox is full. I removed my posts. Please remove this post where you are discussing what I did and what I should or not do,  I don't want to argue with you anymore. Thanks.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2021, 04:36:40 PM »
I removed the schematics that were so kindly provided to assist a fellow member.

I will remove this entire thread after a while because it is more noise than signal.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not participate in mob hatred.

Whoops

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2021, 09:49:54 PM »
You inbox is full. I removed my posts. Please remove this post where you are discussing what I did and what I should or not do,  I don't want to argue with you anymore. Thanks.

I'm not removing any post since I didn't argue with you anywhere.

I removed the Genelec 1030 schematics I posted in the tech docs section and that's it, end of the line.

Although I will share, like I always did in the past any schematic I have to any fellow member that needs them to repair their equipment.

Whoops

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2021, 09:57:11 PM »
I removed the schematics that were so kindly provided to assist a fellow member.

I will remove this entire thread after a while because it is more noise than signal.

JR

Hi JR,
I removed the schematics from the tech docs section myself.

I don't think there's any need to remove this thread since people that might look to repair Genelec 1031 or 1030 in the future will find this thread and at least know the schematics exist and they're not in a dead end.
The Genelec 1031 and 1030 after all this years will fail and fortunately can be easily fixed.
For my 1030 units it was just a matter of replacing some bulge Lytic capacitors.

There's other threads were moamps inflicted more noise than in this one.

my 2 cents

Thanks

JohnRoberts

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2021, 06:27:43 PM »

There's other threads were moamps inflicted more noise than in this one.

my 2 cents

Thanks
That is dangerously close to a personal attack... stop (please).

JR

Whoops

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2021, 08:08:05 PM »
That is dangerously close to a personal attack... stop (please).

JR

it was no personal attack, you wanted to remove this thread because of "noise", that would be your decision as a moderator but if there's threads that had a lot of noise it was not this one for sure:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=75939.20

JohnRoberts

Re: Genelec 1030A Schematics ? New
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2021, 09:00:33 PM »
it was no personal attack, you wanted to remove this thread because of "noise", that would be your decision as a moderator but if there's threads that had a lot of noise it was not this one for sure:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=75939.20
Noise is not against any rules...

arguing with moderators should be but isn't (yet). 

[edit- to clarify I mean don't argue with moderators about forum rules, you can argue about anything else. /edit]

Unwritten rule, do not become high maintenance.

JR
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 12:14:17 AM by JohnRoberts »