Genelec 1030A Schematics ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvas

I know this is a hard schemo to get...tried to get directly from genelec. I have a somewhat strange fault on one of my pairs, it *seems* that the "subsonic" filter on the left speaker just died, so whenever i hit the speakers hard with bass-heavy material, the left cone goes like "WHOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHH "

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i really don´t have the option of working without one, even for a short period of time, so sending the monitor back to the factory is out of the question. And as usual, no tech service in my country. Normally, when a piece of gear dies here in Colombia, is cheaper to replace it with a new one rather than trying to get it repaired...best regards.

A hijack (but somewhat related): I'm begging for a 1029A schem.

can someone help me with the schematic?  I changed all the electrolitics caps but I still have some hum and some shirps/ocean noise...

Rafael

12afael said:
can someone help me with the schematic?  I changed all the electrolitics caps but I still have some hum and some shirps/ocean noise...

Rafael

I was able to fix one of my 1030 speaker by replacing one filter electrolytic capacitor that had blown but unfortunately I was never able to get schematics for these speakers.

Do a video with the "shirps/ocean noise" ou do an audio file of it and post it so we can have a listen.

For what you describe it could be a colder solder joint, a transistor or and opamp.

Maybe off topic but: isn't it ridiculous that you can't get a schematic of some piece of equipment that you payed good money for?
I remember the good old days, when in a radio the schematic diagram was glued to the backpanel of the cabinet.
I used to have the schematics of the Genelec S30, and it is nothing special; straight forward design...
But most manufacturers refuse to give you a schematic if you have a problem after the warranty has expired.
Even if you are willing to pay for it!

And that's triple-valid for long-discontinued gear. They haven't made it in ages, and they're STILL worried you might copy it? :eek:

RuudNL said:
Maybe off topic but: isn't it ridiculous that you can't get a schematic of some piece of equipment that you payed good money for?
I remember the good old days, when in a radio the schematic diagram was glued to the backpanel of the cabinet.
I used to have the schematics of the Genelec S30, and it is nothing special; straight forward design...
But most manufacturers refuse to give you a schematic if you have a problem after the warranty has expired.

RuudNL said:

Yes, it's ridiculous. I have that problem all the time and it seems it's getting more common and common.
I had that problem recently with Orange amps, Blue Microphones and LR Baggs. Al these companies refused to sell schematics for products that are long discontinued and that I need to repair.

Well, we want to repair our equipment, and they want to sell you their new model every 2 years, Planned obsolescence.
it will be just losses in the end

Computer-Recycling-And-eWaste-In-Africa-8.jpeg

Hi,

The Genelec 1031 service manual can be found in the tech section; it's probably reasonably close to the 1030.

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=46298.msg580666#msg580666

Grtz Rogy

thanks Rogy, the power section is different, 1031 is discrete amplifier and 1030 is a TDA monolitic IIRC. but I bet the filter section is very similar.

Rafael

tonymite said:
Can you P.M me/check your P.Ms?

I'm sorry for delay, I don't come to the board often lately because I don't feel very welcome, and it seems that the PM notification doesn't really work. Please PM me your email address, so I will send you the schematics for 1030 I have.

And which of the hundreds (or thousands) of schematics available here and on other sites, aren't (allegedly) copyrighted and "not for public use"? And who exactly benefits from keeping such secrets, really? :eek:

Latest posts

Back