Lynx Aurora 16 with PTHD, whats the catch? edit: also disscussing SSL Alpha Link

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm quite happy with my Aurora 16.  It replace a 192 and fits in the overhead bin with my MacBook Pro and HD2 Accel in a Magma chassis.  Carry-on baby - the only way to fly (with yer own rig!).  From what they told me, it's latency is much less than a 192, and they dumbed it down so it would match Digi's.  It does run hot, and I have to open up the chassis and reconnect the Primary of the PT from series to parallel every time I cross the pond (why don't all manufacturers put in a switch for that?)

I have Alphalink ADAT serial #6.

I love that thing to death.  I use the mixpander 5 card.  I got my card and alphalink set for 3300$(total).  I don't think you can match that with 24 i/o of anything else..

So we went for the SSL system. Alpha Link Madi, Delta link and a PCI-e Madi 64 card.

Just installed it, no problems so far (all of 2 hours...)

Just remember they don't include the poxy £10 madi optical cable in any of the boxes! arrrrr!
RS has them. RS#622-6343

Love to know how you find the sound of the box compared to whatever else you may have used.

Got an Ensemble as a hold me over but looking for more extensive I/O count asap.

-T

I love mine aurora 16. One Aurora is two dig192, half of the price and better sound quality.
i like the dsub stuff. I am using pcie AES32. A great card of RME. The intern clock of the aurora is
very stable and precise i saw myself using it as mainclock in my system as i have not a separate bigben or antelope...
No reason for buying a dig192... you would regret it.

ah and of course, it is not as hot as you could cook eggs on it but it replaces your room heater if you have more of them ;)

hotbaby said:
ah and of course, it is not as hot as you could cook eggs on it but it replaces your room heater if you have more of them ;)

What sample rate are you using? They run much hotter at higher rates.....

i use 88.2 for recording. i dont belief on 192khz recording but maybe it is good that the hardware can handle it.

Latest posts

Back