Soundcraft 2400 ready to rack

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikeit

hi!
i have an input module of this desk
i would like to rack it
i can make a PSU
but i m not sure where plug the different XLR and power
i see the schematic on the ngrecording web site but
1 its the schematic for his channel strip or for the original module?
2 the name of the connector it s not the same on my board.....

can you help me please!!!
thx

This schematic seems to be the original 2400 Module

http://www.nrgrecording.de/soundcraft2400_schematic1.jpg

Con1: pins 2&4 are Mic input, pin 3 is gnd
Con2: pin 1 is line input (unbal), pin 4 is line output (unbal)
short pin 2 and 3 if you don't need an insert
I have no idea what the "sub card" stands for ...
Power goes in to pins 10,11,12 from J1 (+/-17V)
the "o/p sol en" pin on the bus connector looks like it feeds 48v but the name sounds quite strange (output solo enable ???)

Judging from the picture provided in the schematic, the connectors Con1 and Con2 seem to be correct. J1 is not pictured though.

Make some pics from your board with all connectors pictured so we can identify them

hope this helps

kr
arno

Has anybody ever racked these with a balanced out?  Or utilized the fader?  It sounds ok with just the input gain and eq, but was interested in hearing/doing more....

Too bad the boards are so darn long, gotta cut them down to rack them properly!

hi  analogtodd

have you realize this project??
can you see me how you cut the board?
and how are you wired the module??
thx
Regards

Hey,
I cut one module down, right above the AUX sends if I remember.  I powered up a couple more, but never cut them down.  I really like the SC EQ, thats about all I ever used them for.

I like the old 2400 eq, too. The expensive parts are the pots and the switches... if you're able to etch pcbs... I have a pcb layout with the 2400 mic preamp, eq, filter and insert send/return on two 160x100 pcbs. You could just make two new pcbs and solder the pcbs/switches to the new pcbs - so you don't need to cut the channels down. I also have a frontpanel file for this. It works with Keith's SSL 9K psu for example.

Once I put the microphone from the lead singer of our band into this channelstrip... and even the musicians found that it sounded muuch better than before. And they didn't knew that I plugged the mic into this channelstrip) Normally we used a behringer mixer.

191-9183_IMG.jpg

191-9189_IMG.jpg

Latest posts

Back