Barry Porter "Net EQ"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
go to the gmail account and type in "net EQ" in the top search bar and hit "search mail" this will bring up the email with the attachment in it.  These are not nite Eq files these are the barry porter files.

-Casey

I have 2 of the BP Net EQ PCB here we are building for a client. Does anyone have the gerber or any pcb, pcbdoc file etc for that PCB. As I would like to add the component values into the the overlay so we can print out a clear stuffing sheet for the PCB.

I will add the New files back into the GroupDIY technical documents so if anyone makes any more Net EQ PCB the component value will be on there in the overlay to make building heaps easier.

If someone has these please email the file or files to joe at jlmaudio dot com

I cannot find them online anywhere and cannot get into the groupdiy email account since the password seems to have changed. I PMed Gustav as well but haven't heard back from him yet.

Thanks

JLM Audio said:
I have 2 of the BP Net EQ PCB here we are building for a client. Does anyone have the gerber or any pcb, pcbdoc file etc for that PCB. As I would like to add the component values into the the overlay so we can print out a clear stuffing sheet for the PCB.

I will add the New files back into the GroupDIY technical documents so if anyone makes any more Net EQ PCB the component value will be on there in the overlay to make building heaps easier.

If someone has these please email the file or files to joe at jlmaudio dot com

I cannot find them online anywhere and cannot get into the groupdiy email account since the password seems to have changed. I PMed Gustav as well but haven't heard back from him yet.

Thanks

emailed

Thanks For the Gerbers.

I have made the below PDF overlay with full component values so far to help with the current batch of PCBs while stuffing them with parts as they have no parts values on the overlay.
All unmarked caps at the each end of the opamps are 100nF mono type. Relays are all 12v type.

http://www.jlmaudio.com/NET EQ/NET EQ component value overlay.pdf

Since the gerbers are PHO types it will take a bit more playing around to make the new gerber overlay with the software I use.
But if anyone has them converted them to .G** type gerber files already let me know as it would save a lot of time.

I will add this to the "technicial documents" once i clean it up and add a bit more info to the PDF.

ok great ;-) my stereo mastering net eq is up an running. i used lme49720 opamps. it seems like it sounds great. last week i ordered a frontpannel and will post pictures when the unit is finished. at the moment the only question is how to calculate the highpass filter. any ideas?

king-rb said:
ok great ;-) my stereo mastering net eq is up an running. i used lme49720 opamps. it seems like it sounds great. last week i ordered a frontpannel and will post pictures when the unit is finished. at the moment the only question is how to calculate the highpass filter. any ideas?

wow! great! post pics ASAP (even now would be great)
Did you build it with stepped switches or pots?
I see my board laying on the workbench everytime i walk into my studio and they ask me to be stuffed and ready to work every time i pass them..  ;D

i build it with palazzo switches which feels really good. will take pics as soon as i get the backside for the case.

ok great ;-) im working with the bp eq a few days now and i like it a lot. sometimes the sontec 430 is better but the combination of both is great. i did some messurements and calculated the hpf frequencys:

mehr - weniger
15Hz - 20k
20Hz - 14k65
25Hz - 11k32
30Hz - 9k17
35Hz - 7k76

hope this will help you.

Finally have the time to check things out with the schematic a bit!

I was thinking of doing a stepped stereo version with l and r control with only one knob but i think its better to make a dual mono version since the freq pot for the hi shelf is a 3 gang pot and i think a 6 deck switch in 24 steps will be a bit to much.  :-[
I will use 24 steps switches for the gain so that i don't have to make an extra switch for boost/cut. I think that will work more easy and easier to read out.
Just wondering about the steps for the gain. How are the steps calculated? 1db per step in 10db mode? same for the freq swithces, how are they? The schem i have with the switches are only 12 steps but i want to use 24 steps as well. Just wondering how you did that king-rb? 12 or 24 steps?

King-rb? any news on the pics to get me even more inspired?  ;)

yesterdayevening i started stuffing the boards with parts i had in stock so far. So it will finally happen i think ;-)
I noticed that there is at least one mistake on the overlay that was recently made (don't know by who)
The 2 10r resistors nearest the input opamp are marked as 10k on the overlay instead of 10r so be aware if you use that one.

dagoose said:
I noticed that there is at least one mistake on the overlay that was recently made (don't know by who)

The board layout and overlay were done by Mr. Porter himself before his death.  He warned in his notes that there may be errors and I've flagged that many times in the Group Buy thread that this board is untested.  It comes with no guarantees.

Gustav took the Gerber and produced the boards without any changes.

Doing some ordering and i was wondering if 422-6997 from RS is the relays i will be needing for the board since they are a bit different than standard relays.
Also a question concerning the L1 coil of 30uH. What about that? can't really find a source for it. Looks to me like an LC filtering on the input?

Latest posts

Back