Barry Porter "Net EQ"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup already on that. MUCH cheaper on Ebay. Last time I ordered from Hong Kong it took about a month to get here. Time to hurry up and wait

OK, some serious progress here!  8)
I will fire it up today to see if the boards are doing and to see if the way i did the stepped swithes will do the job they are done right now. 12steps for q, 6 steps for hi-pass (not sure yet) and 24 (23) for gain and freq.

OK, some progress here. One of the boards kinda came alive.  8)

I have some strange action going on with the relays which looks like faulty transistors because the ones i had left in stock are powering the relays while the new ones don't seem to do that.. bad batch? have to check... no big issue.
Made 1 Q switch with a switch that i had left but that turned out to be a BBM which is not a good thing (clickedyclick) but i have MBB in already so that will solve it. I only did one switch for testing so no problem, only 12 resistors.
I only tested 1 board with one band (mid) wired with the switches (which i wired in reverse..  :-X) but it's working already which is a nice start.  ;D

More soon!  ;)

Good to hear man! I'll be in Colorado for 10 days starting tomorrow. It's gonna suck being away from the studio! But I'll be visiting other studios :p Groupdiy is gonna have to be my tech fix while I'm gone though so keep the progress reports coming!

I was thinking about adding a per band bypass switch and i think that it's just a matter of disconnecting the wiper of the gain to do that. It's the easiest way to do it since i want it to be near the gain on the frontpanel. Any disadvantages doing that?

Ok.. strange.. i had some bc182L's in there and a couple of BC182B and the L version didn't work and the B version is working.  :eek:
In some kind of way the collector of the L had 7v and didn't go to 0 while the B had 12v and went to 0.
Anyway.. relays are working and so is the midband right now. Curves looking good!  ;D
The only things is that i have about 10db boost and cut while heading for 6db so i have to change some resistors but that is no problem.

Only one switch left for soldering and the frontpanel is on it's way. :)
The paper netEQ:
581956_451604584853238_100000111011648_1842551_1830539737_n.jpg

Just did some testing with RMAA and even though i haven't calibrated yet and it's only 2 bands on 1 channel it sounds great already and the cursves look great and it's deadsilent form the first start. Nice!  8)

looks great!
are there no switches for high and low shelf? is it always in shelf, no peak/bell? can´t see it on the frontpanel and it says only low- and high shelf....

Assistant said:
looks great!
are there no switches for high and low shelf? is it always in shelf, no peak/bell? can´t see it on the frontpanel and it says only low- and high shelf....

True, no swithes for that.
The thing is that on my sontec i use it 100% in shelf mode and never use the peak mode. Same goes for the highs, shelf only and if i need some peaking in the highs i have a band for that.
Not 100% sure but i think vithalda did the same and he even skipped the highpass filter.

ok but can you still use the q for the shelf? i thought the q was only for the peaking and gets disabled when shelf is engaged....
on virthalade´s eq the first q-position on the switch is for shelf it seems.

Assistant said:
looks like you have added pushbuttons for the shelves. ;)

i did.. drilled extra holes myself when the panel came in.. scary sh*t..  ;D
I loved those buttons so much (have to see 'm in real life) that i thought it needed 8 of those instead of 4.  8)

@detonator: thanks! je bent altijd welkom om een keer te komen checken als je in de buurt bent hoor.
@kpearsall: it's a scheaffer panel. quite expensive, about 200 euro but it looks SO good even though the design took quite some time.

yes nice little switches, are these "Rafi" brand or NKK, i wanted to use the rafi ones on some builds, kind of cheap"er" i guess compared to NKK, that's what i meant.

Back