Barry Porter "Net EQ"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good afternoon everyone I am just collecting info and parts for this build,but I seem to be missing some info,Is there another thread on this eq? so far all searches lead to this one.
My initial questions are;
1,The Bom refers to a doc re R20(input stage) Where can I find this doc ?
2,I am based in the UK. What power supply do you guys recommend ?
3,Will 0.6w resistors run cool enough in this eq?

Thanks
Jason

Jtransition said:
..,but I seem to be missing some info,Is there another thread on this eq? so far all searches lead to this one.
There are some. Try a search for 'Porter' or 'NetEQ' or 'Net EQ', just to name some. Result will answer your Q1, comming up with a readme.pdf as part of a maybe BarryPorterNetEQ.rar file. Some of the links expired. (R20 is setting gain for domestic low signal level, if so needed. Omit for studio level use).
2,I am based in the UK. What power supply do you guys recommend ?
A PSU that delivers bipolar +/-18V rails, fed from a dual or center tapped secondary mains transformer whos primary winding matches your local AC mains voltage.

The Beast is ready to run!!!http://www.groupdiy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 378
Harpo,
Little bit of a dumb question sorry -
I'm just putting together a parts list for this and using your spreadsheet for the stepped switches. I'm a little confused by the values in the shelving and hi-pass section. Should the 680nF and 100nF .values for C79 and 80 both be substituted with 0.78uF?

Thanks for making these available!

What have people been using for L1?

voitto said:
I'm a little confused by the values in the shelving and hi-pass section. Should the 680nF and 100nF .values for C79 and 80 both be substituted with 0.78uF?
780nF is Barrys chosen parts value and guess what 680nF in parallel with 100nF is  ;)

Harpo, Just a quick one. I built your 6db+/- the 0VU does this connect into the point in the section left over from your other post. The third row in both low and high where do these go and where do I connect both shelves and HPF and LPF.

Newbie gold indeed, apologies.

Peter

petermontg said:
the 0VU does this connect into the point in the section left over from your other post.
uhmmm. from post#118 >>Rightmost of the 4 holes goes to your +/-0dB probably center switch position on your switch.
The drawing in the excel-file right side next to +/-amplitude setting calc-rows should explain it a little as well.

The third row in both low and high where do these go and where do I connect both shelves and HPF and LPF.
same as for the peaking frequency setting switched resistors. >>switch pole to the right, last step position resistor to center hole, left side hole unconnected.

You'll have to do a little homework by yourself, so groupdiY.com doesn't water down to paint_by_numbers.com.  ;)

Harpo said:
petermontg said:
the 0VU does this connect into the point in the section left over from your other post.
uhmmm. from post#118 >>Rightmost of the 4 holes goes to your +/-0dB probably center switch position on your switch.
The drawing in the excel-file right side next to +/-amplitude setting calc-rows should explain it a little as well.

The third row in both low and high where do these go and where do I connect both shelves and HPF and LPF.
same as for the peaking frequency setting switched resistors. >>switch pole to the right, last step position resistor to center hole, left side hole unconnected.

You'll have to do a little homework by yourself, so groupdiY.com doesn't water down to paint_by_numbers.com.  ;)

Ha! Yea I know. Very grateful for your help.

Latest posts

Back