need pointer on using a vacum tube for tone control and Q control

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skal1

Hi

i do not have a good understanding of the tube thing but i would like some help with designing a simple tone control and Q control from a tube , i think the filter section can be used out of pultec  but i have no idea how to too graph the tube into each section of the filter..

any help would be nice

regards

skal1

yes that should work , i found this schematic but i can not make head or tail of it , here is the link

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/skal34/tonecontrol-1.jpg

i think this should work but their might be other issues / impedance .

skal1

yes i know , could i graph the L C NETWORK out of the pultec in their ,would that work ?

I was also looking at the kh ue-100 but can not read german but that looks like a good place to start as well.

skal1

skal1?
I am curious what became of the eq project you inquired about a few months back.
Orban(?) and tube eq???
I recall you wanted to use valve based op-amps...have advances been made?
cheers

> i found this schematic but i can not make head or tail of it

Because that's not the whole thing.

Read the entire chapter.

@PRR , i have read the for mentioned chapter and have found their is not one single way to implement this circuit so i think i will get myself a tube proto board and start from their , i am not a theory persons i am a hands on person so i will have to go this way .

I do not want it to be a strap on tube thing like the pultec.

I think i will need a triode tube for this ,one side to boast the other to attenuate and then placing  the filter section for each side in  series or parallel
{ just guessing now  } with the corresponding sides of the triode.

so in the next coming day i shall come up with a circuit and then you can laugh.....at my neebie ness

skal1

Latest posts

Back