PV46 c, PV 46 b Neumann Line amplifier

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a PV46 schematic. Send me your email address and I'll scan it for you. They are great sounding line amps.

Thank you for the reply Gold,

i send you my adress through your home page contact

Best regards

Ubik

thank you Gold,

I had the file if someone also need it

For a larger picture or download it you can clic on the thumb (or right clic of course)

I have also a few questions about the wiring:

• For the resistor marked R11 i saw that i take place at 9 and 15 pin
    but also betwen the 3 and 8 pin,
    and i didn't find the R12 (R11/12 they tell in the chart list) anywhere.

I wonder if it's a mistake/forget.
    Or if twice the same resistor must be connect at each point of these two ending ?

• Also what is the difference connecting the output betwen the 24-28 pin or the 26-30 pin ?

Which version do you actually need? An extremely helpful person (from Neumann I believe) in the Neumann forum has just sent me some PV46B and C schemos. Let me know where I should send them in case it's of help for you.

Anyway, anyone got experience with them? I wonder how they sound as micpres, 46 dB of gain should be plenty for most rock'n'roll stuff  ;D

The output seems to be meant like 2 independent windings, like 2 semi-separate outputs? Should be possible to wire them up in series, giving 6 dB gain?

Michael

Hi Michael,

Of course you can send them to the following adress

ubik.696 at gmail.com

Thanks a lot

The versions differ in some inportant points. The b and c version seem to only need one resistor (9-10) to set the gain of both paths, the sd version seems to need 2 (9-15 and 8-3), one for each path. I don't get what the connections between 13-14 and 15-16 on the b and c versions are good for, it's called 'b-operation'. Class b?

I've uploaded the schemos into a folder called PV 46 on the server.

Michael

I have the PV-46b version of the amp but cant find any schematics. If anybody have the schematic, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Clemen

I just got a request for a PV46B schemo. The book with the PV46 documents is packed away but I'll see if I can dig it out. I'm not sure if I have all variations but I'll check.

Hi Paul,

I just got the appropriate schematic from Martin at Neumann. It is attached if anyone else wants it. My card worked for 30 seconds, then went Phhttt!

. . . and there wasn't even any smoke . . .

Attachments

• PV46B #021-.pdf
    54.4 KB · Views: 80
gyraf said:
Are any of the transistors hard to find? My local shops have all of them as more-or-less standard items...

BSY88's are hard to find here. The VG66 cutting amps and the PV46 use BSY90's which I have not had an easy time finding. I have a bunch but I don't know where to get more.

Hi Paul,

all these transistors for the PV46B are available at Cricklewood Electronics, incl bsy88. They don't have any bsy90 listed, but it would be worth asking them from previous experience!

Could you possibly tell me if any matching is necessary, and if so, which transistors?

KIndest regards,

ANdyP

I only have PV46 and PV46SD schematics.

I have seen PV46 with mysterious red dots on one of the output transistors. There is no mention of matching in any documentation I've seen but the dots were added by hand...

It looks like the main difference between the PV46b and the PV46 is the addition of transistors in the output section and the added B functionality with tying pins 13&14 and 15&16 together. What does tying those pins together do?

Back