getting around combo jacks. is there combo plugs?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Got a unit in front of me that will remain nameless due to the wrath of a certain company. anyway unit has all combo jacks for mic/line inputs. Need to wire it to a patchbay and have both inputs be patchable. is there any company that makes combo plugs to work with neutrik combo jacks? I'm thinking I may have to rewire the unit with 6 pin xlr's .

OI!!! details old bean, details!! spill them - never know, might help somebody else

respect, regard, free fish for the drummers

Iain

sorry about that. Yes I have been vague lately. Anyway the unit in question has a various configurations but yet they all use the same frames. This unit does not have the inserts installed as that is on a different version.  So what I ended up doing was use 1/4 holes where the inserts would be and wired 1/4 jacks in their place. Wired them to where the TRS of the combo jack toes into the circuit board. Obviously won't be using both at the same time, but it does offer the ability to mix and match without having to replug them.

Latest posts

Back