The C37 of XLR leads ex demo at bargain price, be quick, avoid disappointment

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good one. I missed reading snake oil stuff. But unfortunately there are people who don't know better but with a thick wallet still fall for that mumbo-jumbo.

Rob Flinn said:
http://audioaffair.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2085

Mogami 2549 clocks in at a lower capacitance (23pF/Ft) lower inductance (0.24µH/Ft) and costs about .69 cents a foot.

Snake oil indeed.

Mark

Biasrocks said:
Mogami 2549 clocks in at a lower capacitance (23pF/Ft) lower inductance (0.24µH/Ft) and costs about .69 cents a foot.

yea, so vis stufs well much better ven!! its like mega more money man so its like real profeshnul n vryfing!!

jeez dude ::)

what about supple , you need that feel

I'm sure some of the Doctors & lawyers know they're being
ripped off , but it's a way of saying
" I can afford to throw away money  , can you ? "

the other's ? easier to dream [ and buy ] then to do ,
can't even teach as the saying go's

I finally found out how this sort of audiophile scam works - it goes like this:

The Company makes an insanely high priced esoteric cable range that costs thousands for each cable, with all kinds of exotic construction and claims.
The same company makes another vastly overpriced cable range that costs several hundreds of dollars per cable.
The cable that actually is fine and that will do the job perfectly for anyone actually costs 10's of dollars per meter. The Company does not make cables like this.

The company doesn't really expect anyone to buy the ultra high priced range, except for the odd absolute sucker with no brains and lots of money. This is cream.

The sting comes in the Hi-Fi store, and goes like this: Customer comes in and asks for cables, expecting to spend maybe $50.00 for a good quality audio cable. He feels that he is doing the "right thing", rather than buying cheap High st. store cables for his expensive rig. The salesman shows the customer the ultra expensive cables, gushing about them, saying that they are essential to show up the "true sound" of the mark's hi-fi system. He knows full well that the mark will not be able to afford them and isn't looking for anything like this, but puts a lot of time into promoting the cables anyway. After a lot of hype and discussion, the mark says that he can't afford a thousand dollar cable, though he would love to have it, of course. At this point the salesman goes in for the kill: He says: "Look, the Company also makes a cheaper range, it is only a few hundred dollars per cable, it is 95 percent as good as the thousand dollar leads, you will be really happy with them, you will get close to the esoteric magic of the thousand dollar cables for only a few hundred dollars! You will actually save around $800.00 and still have almost the same performance!

Suddenly, to the mark, who had been sensitised to talking about cables costing thousands, a cable costing hundreds of dollars seems like a good deal. The $50.00 cable he came in to buy now seems cheap and tawdry, and if he gets it he will be missing out on all the benefits of the beautiful Company cables. Out comes the credit card, and another sucker walks out of the Hi-fi shop a few hundred bucks lighter.

These 1m TYR XLR interconnects are EX DEMO, less than a year old and in pristine condition.

The fact that there a year old..... any one catch that.. and still 699 GBP

If thats the case what is the non demo price... (not list)

They forgot to say, in description, after
80% speed of light:
Amazing new technology: billions of subatomic particles are running inside.

..... and you get free UK delivery too!

"the current and voltage traveling above the surface of the conductor are virtually unimpeded and signals are transferred more efficiently at extremely high speeds."

hmmm . . . . wottalottabollox!!! I cannot quite remember my A level physics, but . . .

ANdyP

did I get this straight, they are mixing friction (signals are transferred more efficiently at extremely high speeds)

with the flow electricity? That's quite the leap of faith if there ever was one.

This is almost as good as the legendary "big knob" (trademark). a wooden knob for $500-800, that you will stick on top of your normal volume knob. and then the usual mumbo jumbo of whatever that is supposed to achieve.

Kingston said:
This is almost as good as the legendary "big knob" (trademark). a wooden knob for $500-800, that you will stick on top of your normal volume knob. and then the usual mumbo jumbo of whatever that is supposed to achieve.

Didn't you know that "wooden knobs" have always sounded better than aluminium or plastic !!!

;) ;)

kazper said:
These 1m TYR XLR interconnects are EX DEMO, less than a year old and in pristine condition.

The fact that there a year old..... any one catch that.. and still 699 GBP

If thats the case what is the non demo price... (not list)

They should have doubled the price since the cables are now "professionally burned in".
How could they miss this  ???

Latest posts

Back