Sound Skulptor: Pre's, Compressors, Tape Simulator, Professionnal Audio Kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[silent:arts] said:
you like it, someone else will say what the fuck is that.
but the unit might work for the other ones as well, with other settings.

Exactly THE reason to put some more samples online....

I mean, it should be possible to cover the range of sounds this unit is capable of?

New details posted on the website:
User manual, schematic, construction guide and more.
http://www.soundskulptor.com/uk/tech-sts.html

Personally, i've blended both the dry and wet samples together at various ratios and have found some really realy nice sounding combinations (to my ears, at least) that I don't think I could get with my current plugin arsenal. These sims are high on my to-buy list, but a 500 format product would make that purchase decision even easier ;)

Just a note on sound skulptor I am helping a friend build one of their kits and we got the package today and I have to say these guys dont fool around the kit and packaging is beautiful! I will let you know what it sounds like when built but I got a good feeling about it!

Hi Loopermc5, thanks for the kind comment.

If everything works as anticipated the kits should be ready on March 15.

I would be interested in a "stripped" kit that has none of the standard resistors/caps/ICs, and would only have the custom/hard to get parts (like those coils/inductors).

Kingston said:
I would be interested in a "stripped" kit that has none of the standard resistors/caps/ICs, and would only have the custom/hard to get parts (like those coils/inductors).

+1

on second thought... Mini-kit: Full kit MINUS case, PSU, XLR's, potentiometers and switches.
I will build it in a 1u 19 inch case with stepped switches so i don't need pots.
Would save some time to have the rest of the parts (caps, resisitors) all in one package, just paint by color which is nice for a change :)

Just finished a stereo mp66 with a friend and it sounds fantastic warm juicy and round yet crazy quite.I have to say also your chose of components is really extremely top notch their is not one piece you skimped on which is what usually happens in full kits.  ;D

Another plug for a 500 series version. I'd be in for some 500 series tape simulators.

Back