Sound Skulptor: Pre's, Compressors, Tape Simulator, Professionnal Audio Kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a support thread for these here? The Sound Skulptor forums don't seem to be working

Dave

I noticed the forums are not on the sound sculptor site too! Not sure why.

Well, I know you can email Jean-Pierre directly with questions...I just did yesterday! He's always awesome to work with, and can usually clear up any issues fairly quickly.

[email protected]

Good luck!

Thanks!
I figured out my question. I had C29 on my MP573 in backwards. Fixed it and the unit works perfectly! Amazing sound! One heck of a nice preamp.

Dave

Thank you so much Jean-Pierre!!! Believe me when I say that this won't be the last time I'm raving about one of your products! Got the MP573 and love it. Next will be a pair of your EQ573s and an additional MP573. But this has to wait till next year... Until then you could think about adding a compressor (Neve-Style?!) and / or API-style EQ (560?!) to your range of products ;D Would love to get some of these in typical Sound Skulptor quality!

The plan is to expand our product range with compressors, EQ's, tape sim, effects, etc... for both our rack and the 500 formats, as long as we are alive.

JPK said:
The plan is to expand our product range with compressors, EQ's, tape sim, effects, etc... for both our rack and the 500 formats, as long as we are alive.

+100!

I especially love your closing bit " as long as we are alive"...LOL! Awesome! Talk about PASSION!

And again, anyone wondering about these kits - they are absolutely TOP NOTCH and you won't find better, faster, or more helpful support anywhere than Jean-Pierre! And no I don't work for them I've just had a SERIES of terrific experiences with him!

JPK said:

That's exactly what I wanted to hear!! And I will promise to buy your products as long as I'm alive  ;D

Phrazemaster said:
JPK said:

+100!

I especially love your closing bit " as long as we are alive"...LOL! Awesome! Talk about PASSION!

And again, anyone wondering about these kits - they are absolutely TOP NOTCH and you won't find better, faster, or more helpful support anywhere than Jean-Pierre! And no I don't work for them I've just had a SERIES of terrific experiences with him!

I'll second that, a rack of MP73's which are just fantastic and the after sales care is as good as it gets.

I'll up that and say the documentation is good enough that after sales care is unlikely to be needed
the only problem [ for me in Canada [ is that dam Euro exchange ] plus they do look sexy !

okgb said:
I'll up that and say the documentation is good enough that after sales care is unlikely to be needed
the only problem [ for me in Canada [ is that dam Euro exchange ] plus they do look sexy !

Agreed, we take a hammering in North America!

So build the kit slowly, like I did. I put together the case and one module, and a year later, added another module...you spread out the "pain" and pretty soon you've got some killer pre's and you're a happy camper!

That's what I did anyway. And, I did have a lot of questions even though the docs were very very good. Jean-Pierre has been a saint in responding not only very quickly, but kindly and with accurate and helpful info/assistance.

For any kit , measure the resisters , DOUBLE check the value against the designator R number on the board
If you have to check 3 times , it's easier than trying to take em out , coffee's o.k. Beer NOT recommended

I can honestly say, I've never installed a diode or resistor, or any part wrong! :) And I totally agree, taking your time makes ALL the difference! I spend a long long time doing each build, and generally my projects all work on first fire-up!

Hi!
I have a thought about the eq573. I'm using mine in a vintage api desk and would like to use transformers like in the rack version and simply put them behind the module. They wont fit inside for sure...
Could you supply me with schematics and the eq in/out pints on the pcb?
Best!
/
Emil

The schematic is there: http://www.soundskulptor.com/pdf/eq573-schematic.pdf
The card edge connector is standard:
    Input + : pins 9/10
    Input- : pins 7/8
    Output+ : pins 2/3
    Output- : pin 4

Minoian has a great blog with beautiful pictures, showing the build of an MP573, XTEND500 and many other DIY devices.
http://irfrench.tumblr.com/post/40330867896/more-likely-in-spite-of-you-its-a-marvelous-thing

JPK said:
Minoian has a great blog with beautiful pictures, showing the build of an MP573, XTEND500 and many other DIY devices.
http://irfrench.tumblr.com/post/40330867896/more-likely-in-spite-of-you-its-a-marvelous-thing

The knobs on his MP573 look glossy somehow. Mine look flat. Did you change them over time?

Latest posts

Back