Sound Skulptor: Pre's, Compressors, Tape Simulator, Professionnal Audio Kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,
Short question.
Do I really need the Nylon washers for the Carnhill VTB9045, cause when i place the nylon washers between the transformer pcb the screws are too short, without the washers the pcb attach perfectly.
Hope somebody can help me

The washers only have a mechanical purpose. Because the transformer surface is slightly recessed, the washers are leveling it with the metal envelope. There is no electrical need for them. If the screws are too short, you may just leave the washers out.

Hi JPK,

Built a MP573 yesterday. Very nice, sounds very good.

When powering off the unit, there is a pop at the output. Is this to be expected? Or is this an error?

Thank you.

Hi JP,
I'm having an issue with an MP573. I can't get the bias to change. I'm only getting .015V at TP4.
I'm only getting 1.08V on the Q4 side of R42.
I have swapped out Q6 and there's no change

Any ideas?

I had the red and green output transformer wires crossed! Ooops!
Working perfectly!

Thanks
Dave

LA502 New optical compressor available!
la502_sm.jpg

Look in the first thread.

Fantastic!

Tell me, when it comes to these kind of optos that's used here (can be seen at step 11 in the assembly guide http://www.soundskulptor.com/docs/la502-assembly-guide-01.pdf ), is there any need for a matched pair when you want to have a stereo pair?

The opto-couplers we use are fairly consistent and there is no need for matching as long as you stay with moderate compression levels .

The CP5176 Slam mode recreates the 4 depressed buttons mode by setting the sidechain gain, threshold and FET bias the same way.

JPK said:
The CP5176 Slam mode recreates the 4 depressed buttons mode by setting the sidechain gain, threshold and FET bias the same way.

Thanks JPK. I understand how it would normally be implemented with a DPDT toggle but just confused how you managed to do this with a spare step position on a 2x6 rotary? This would typically require 4 poles to short 4 points within the ratio circuit, can it be done by only shorting two points?

The rotary switch is 2x6. So one contact manages the gain and the other one does the threshold and FET bias.

JPK said:
EQP501 New Passive Equalizer available!
Beautiful! I wish this had been available when I ordered my last three modules from you last month. :)

By the way, Jean-Pierre, you might want to edit the links in your first post of this thread. Lots of broken links there...

Best,
Claudio

Back