Sound Skulptor: Pre's, Compressors, Tape Simulator, Professionnal Audio Kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks JP!

Those were my first thoughts as well and I went through them yesterday prior to posting. I did notice a few solder points that looked suspicious and I reflowed them. The only component leads I had not trimmed were the ones for the transformers, but they did have plenty of clearance. I went ahead and trimmed them now. I'm going to go through and double/triple check all of your suggestions while I'm waiting on the new resistors to arrive.

Thanks again
Ray

Hello, after sending a few photos to JP he was able to see the mistake I had made. The issue with both of my boards was that I had reversed the power transistor (Q1) and the voltage regulator (U13) :(

Both parts look similar, but they are in fact different components and cannot be used in place of one another. Hopefully this will help someone else with their build should they make a similar mistake. Lesson learned for me and thankfully the replacement parts are not to expensive to replace  :)

Thanks JP! Especially for your quick response, I appreciate your help!

Ray

Nothing personal but I find the classic GSSL compressor concept super boring and theres tons of clones floating around.
Will you ever consider developing a new VCA compressor with additional features and added transformers?

Hello Jean-Pierre,

hope you‘re fine.
Have built your MP573 last weekend and I‘m superhappy with it.

Will they be in stock again?

Best regards,

Udo.

Edit:Soundskulptor notified me today that kits are available again.All good,order placed.

Hey JP,

Sorry for jumping on the 'in-stock' wagon, but any idea when the CP4500 will be in stock again?

All the best
Hale

Does anybody from the states have any info on customs fees/taxes when ordering from SoundSkulptor? I have the mp573 and it’s fantastic. I wanted to order a few more pieces of kit from them but am kinda stuck until I get an answer to this question. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Does anybody from the states have any info on customs fees/taxes when ordering from SoundSkulptor? I have the mp573 and it’s fantastic. I wanted to order a few more pieces of kit from them but am kinda stuck until I get an answer to this question. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
I ordered 6 different kits from them last summer. No issues ordering from europe. Europe ordering from us is different. They get lots of fees and stuff.

All you have to do is add stuff to your cart and go to checkout to see what it's going to cost you before you commit.

Bonjour JP !
Been using the MC624 as the center of all my work since 2016, love it to death. My only complaint is that some of the switches died quite quickly, especially input 4, L/R function, and output 4. I am sure it is unrelated to the function of the switch, and that its more of a mechanical problem. Am I the only one or do you have similar feedback ? Do you sell replacement switches ?
Merci !
Thomas

This is not usual, and actually you are the first!
No problem to get replacement parts, please contact me here.

I’m looking for a Sculpture STS Stereo Tape Simulator to build if PCBs or basic elements are still available?
Thanks!

(Edited to note: wow the cost of parts alone on a complete 500 kit makes it seem like a bargain!)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back