Steel Rack Enclosures - Where do you get them from?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thermionic

Hi,

Here in the UK, I can get some pretty nice alloy rack enclosures (Schroff etc). However, I'm not totally happy with the steel enclosures I find sold by the likes of Canford or Maplin etc. I remember an Italian company that was linked to here a while back (Jaakko - is this where you get your racks from?) that looked interesting, but I can't find the link.

Who do you recommend for steel enclosures?

TIA

Justin

This is the place:
http://www.modushop.biz/ecommerce/index_l2.php
Nice looking racks and reasonable prices.

chrissugar

http://www.modushop.biz/ecommerce/index_l2.php

I can recommend them also. Especially the "Pesante" is just simple, no bullshit clean case with 4mm aluminum panel, and they have several upgrades for them, like vented covers, pierced bases, handles.

Highly unusual for Italians: my order was handled, shipped, and here in my country in less than a week. Huge heavy box! I would have been fine with two months.

Modushop cases are great I got loads of them.

The only downer is the front panels are all marked in the corner due to some pincher,automated machine...

I wish they sorted that out, other than that they are excellent.

-T

You mean they're visibly marked on the front of the panel, Tom?

You're talking about an indent in the alloy, observable when looking at the surface from the side, not in the actual finish, right?

They seem to be very good value for money. I did wonder if it were a touch too good to be true.

J

The front panels I have (about 10 of them) all have little dents/pinch marks at top/bottom left and right sides of the panel. As if something has been clamping them into position while machining/anodizing etc.

The dents are little but clearly visible from the front, even if in a rack. They go to bare alloy, so black panels have small silver marks on the side/edges.

The finish is overall quite rough on the anodized parts, but the powder coated panels are excellent and very well made. I recommend the pierced baseplates for mounting internals on.

I replaced/am replacing all front panels with FPE stuff. On the whole the parmetal panels seem better but the modu cases are great.

I have a few with the 10mm front panels and they are free from marks, as if they are hand treated. I would say they would be great for power amps etc. I am getting a few more for some Hypex amps soon.

-T

Latest posts

Back