M93 Primetime clock leak

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csonics

So I know I've posted about this a few times in the past year but in my off time I a have been systematically trying to figure out why I am getting a clock leak in the audio path on my primetime.  I've ruled out the analog daughterboard (replaced all the ic's), all the tantalum and electrolytic caps, and the clock and vco circuit.  I'm thinking it must be a bad chip somewhere on the motherboard leaking into ground.  My question is, can I buy some sort of chip testing device to analyze these guys based on some sort of preloaded profile or should I just start systematically replacing them chip by chip?  Anybody have a better suggestion?  This is pretty much my last resort.

Anybody else have this clock signal leak issue?  I've found few broken links on the web but no indication of any weak point on this model that would cause it... ???

Wow, you´re still at it. I gave up with mine and sold it as spareparts.
Later I found out that there´s a very good tech at the german Lexicon distributor´s office. He knows this Lexicon stuff extremely well. Maybe that´s an option for you: http://www.audiopro.de/live/contact_frame.php
(chose Service in the Empfänger-dropdown menue)
Good luck, mate.

For the digital ic's there are testers for a couple hundred dollars.  There is an analog ic tester, BK 570A that is about $1400.  You are better off just replacing the analog stuff.  You can also just pull chips to see if you can locate the problem that way, also you can do a round robin thing with anything that appears more than once and see if the problem follows a chip around.  I've fixed plenty of stuff this way with out the slightest clue as to function or the problem.  It may be that you just have a lifted analog reference somewhere which is causing the floating input to pickup the digital clock noise.

my .02

Good luck

jensenmann, yup still at it!  More like I put it aside for about half a year and now I have some free time again.  Thanks for the link but I could probably just buy a new one by the time I send it to germany to get it repaired and then shipped back...

wtmnmf, yeah, your probably right.  $50 to replace the ics on the motherboard compared to $$$.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Well, after about a year of on and off working on this thing and replacing pretty much every ic on the damn thing I finally figured out the culprit!  Bad memory chips.  Two of them to be precise!  Pretty much the last thing I suspected...  :eek:

Guy-

There is a back door into lexx service manual heaven.

i know the password & log in.....

but just got back from a safety meeting and can't remember where the door is...not sure if i found it on this site or another

I'll see if I can dig it up.  pretty sure a few people could use it.  Covers from delta-T to the 480.

maybe some of the other chaps here have seen it? 

GUY-

I don't remember how I got to the Lex ftp site, but log in and password are  customer  service.

If memory serves me the 93 (prime t) and 95 (prime t II) were not there, but it is worth a try.

They do have the 97 (super prime t), the big difference the 97 has memory registers and the 95 does not,
so there may be useful info there.

Hi Queef Bag,

I've found the Lexicon ftp site, but there is no document to download for any Prime Time models.
And the others documents you can dowload seem to be only user manuals, not service manuals.
I don't know why some manufacturers dont make available service manuals of old and non-supported equipment ?
Thanks again.
Best,

Guy

G-4-

if all u saw was owners manuals, not the right place...

ftp://ftp.hmgsl.com/LEXICON/Legacy/    (sorry i cant link)

you should be asked for username and password

only prime time there is super prime,  same as prime II  but with registers to store user setting that primee time II didn't have.

Hi QUEEF BAG,

We are in progress  :)

" you should be asked for username and password"

....but what are they  ?

As suggested in one of your last posts I tried " customer " and " service " , or/and both , or/and reversed, etc...
No access  :mad:

Best,
Guy

Latest posts

Back