APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine this morning, thanks Pier they look totally "pro" :)

Marty.

EDIT - Just tried them today in my "DIY Stripboard 312" clone and they sound wonderful :)

Very full and warm, these will get a LOT of use, thanks Pier.

MM.

Hello!
Money paypalled for 2 APP2050 opamps to my address in the UK. I sent the money to: [email protected] - Thats still right isn't it?

I'm looking forward to hearing these babies sing!

Thanks in advance!

Mike C

MikeClev said:
Hello!
Money paypalled for 2 APP2050 opamps to my address in the UK. I sent the money to: [email protected] - Thats still right isn't it?

I'm looking forward to hearing these babies sing!

Thanks in advance!

Mike C
tomorrow I will send out the parcel to you
thanks
Pier Paolo

Hi Jeorge,

depend of shipping service (and quantity), for Canada and for two to four op amps are the following:

- priority mail service: 1.85 euros
- raccomandated mail service : 8 euros

with priority mail the shipping is faster than with raccomadated mail even if these two services are both however fast.

Pier Paolo

Received them a couple of days ago, they look very professional! I'm going to build a little summing unit with these 2 as the make-up gain opamps  ;D

If I like what I hear I'll probably be ordering a few more...

Thanks!

-Mike C

Got the opamps today. Thank you! Can't wait to put the FET version side by side with the standard. Maybe I'll learn a thing or two, first time playing with DOA's afterall. Too bad I still haven't got most of the rest of the project done yet.

I'd like to take four !!

how does it work ?
I can't seem to find your email address

mine is arnolievens(at)gmail(dot)com

kr
arno

I just finished building an API style Mic Pre with one of these APP2050s and a Lundahl 1550 Transformer- it sounded Divine! Absolutely fantastic. I've never heard a better sounding mic pre. Very detailed and pure, with none of the harshness I hear in my other (much cheaper) mic pres. I've not heard any other 2520 Opamps, but I have a couple of GAR2520 kits waiting to be built. I will test them alongside as soon as I can!

I wrote about this to you already Pier Pablo, but I have to say it here as well.

Today I was finally able to take the op amps into use.

They are just INCREDIBLE!! The Sontec EQ is a great test application because I was able to compare your DOA's to a sound I am very familiar with (OPA604). There are two opamps in series (input & output) so any bad or good effect will be easily audible. OPA604 sounds clearly harsh in comparison to your gems.

I first replaced one channel with the APP2050 5.2 version and was completely blown away. My experience has been with transformer coupled tube gear and opamps only, and I had no idea a DOA can easily rival (or better!) a high class tube sound in clarity.

To be honest, I did not expect the FET version to be remarkably better, but then I replaced the other channels OPA's. and there was certainly overall more accurate sound. I prefer the FET version of these two.

I can imagine a preamp with the APP2055 (+APP2055servo) and some high end transformers would probably have no rivals.  :eek:

Now I just have to decide which one to build. Or maybe an all DOA EQ.

I will definitely need more of these in the future. Lots more.

Kingston said:
I will definitely need more of these in the future. Lots more.

Sounds about right. Price is more than fair as well.

Your welcome Pier, and thank you too! I'll watch for the shipment.

Darrick

I've build the FF opto comp, With the 2050 coupled with Cinemag CMOQ-2L .... it is just incredible..!!

many compliment Pier !

M.

Sent money Oct 6 for two FETs, received to North East Coast, USA on Oct 13th.

Now to build some access-312's and other circuits to try these out!

thanks Pier and cheers~
Jay

Awesome Pier, received them today.
Chunky little buggers? They got some weight to 'em.
Must be somethin' good in there.  8)
Hello 553's.
Cheers. Darrick.

Latest posts

Back