APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Pier,

Got the 5 various DOAs this week...APP2050,2 x APP99F,APP99, APP10 to compliment the 2055s from the previous order.

I am looking forward to listening getting them in the mix.. but my 8 channel 'test jig' is  tore apart at the moment because it is awaiting DC power from the GDIY51X PSU still being built.  see attached image.

Life takes its own time when there is housework and the job to keep up on!

Cheers~
Jay

Attachments

• test-daw-mixer-wMostlyAPP-DOAs-8july2010.jpg
    test-daw-mixer-wMostlyAPP-DOAs-8july2010.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 134
my 10 leds meter , soon in the market , it's a prototype only, that for sale has labels and solder

it goes from -15dbu to +12dbu

Attachments

• app meter.jpg
    app meter.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 67
this is a sound track from a fivefish X12 with two APP2050's ver.5.2 inside (now there is the Ver.6.0)

APP2050%20inside%20fivefish.JPG

http://home.teletu.it/APPSI/app2050%20inside%20fivefish.mp3

sounds a pork pie captured by two neumann u87

this file was sent to me from an italian recording studio (Acusticstudio)

special thanks to Emiliano Margiotto

NOTE:It is important to say that the fivefish X-12 is an hybrid pre, so the front-end stage is with the APP2050 and the second and 3th stage are with IC's, than x-12 is not a pure discrete path and the sound of the APP2050 sounds different than in a pure discrete pre as, for example, the VP312 of Jeff Steiger to be clear. Some of my customers have emailed me to tell me this difference in sound look.

Hi

the opamps  were sent with poste italiane using registered mail: tracking number RA240993177IT

scuse me I've forgotten to send you a message

Pier Paolo

hummm,

message from the Poste Italiane:
"Il codice inserito non é valido"

I was in Firenze 2 weeks ago by the way, beautifull country, espacially Sienna!

cheers.
Jr.

this is my try on the poste italiane's web site.
the tracking number is valid , but it's a bit difficult use it.

Attachments

• spedizione.JPG
    spedizione.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 30
like is possible reading on the poste italiane's page the parcel is in Rome so it is going to France.
The problem is that the page is in italian language and the tracking service shows only the parcel's path in Italy and not in France but, I think, should be possible using this tracking number with the french post successfully.  

I think it should be out of Italy tomorrow, and however I don't think there are problems with the shipping, there is a bit of delay time given by fact that several people is in holiday. ;)

I've forgotten to tell you that there was a delay time from me given by the fact that these DOA's are just the first 2 pcs of 2050 made in the new version (6.0 version), the APP2050 are very improved in this new version.
This is the true reason of the delay time. I've sold several other ver.6 2050 opamps but the first two were for you.
I've avoided to send you two APP2050 previus version I had (in theory these two should be sent to you).  
My goal is the customer satifaction with the quality, I don't do much marketing , infact, I have a bad web site and no adversiting. There are companies that do a lot of marketing but in this place I prefer only making excuse for the delay time.  :)

no problem here PPA, my concern was more about the french postal service!  :D
thanks for the new improved version, I'll make good use of them in my pultec amp!!

I let you know when they arrived...

this is the APP1025 an power amp with 250W of max power on 4 ohm load

it uses mosfets on out, full complementary circuit, low overall feedback

moreover it has current feedback
finale%20amp%20028.jpg

Hello,

Are you familiar with JLM's baby animal? I was pondering throwing a few of them together and using your lovely DOA's in them. Anyone who's had experience with the two could you recommend a model for me. Looking for thick and colored but no mud. something that'll pair with a C-12 tube mic clone. Thinking classic boss nova 60's recording flavor

Hi,

several my customers use my opamps inside JLM baby animal pres, one of my customer (in Paris) has 22 my opamps inside JLM pres, he use several APP2050 and APP10. The APP2050 has the sound look you need, especially in the JLM baby animal that has a modern sound, APP10 is much more neutral.

Hello Pier,

I received the DOAs today! Thank you very much!
They are the sexiest little black boxes I've ever seen...  ;) ;D :D

Unfortunately, I won't really have a chance to thoroughly test them out until I come back from vacation.  :(

Cheers,

Mike

Latest posts

Back