APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Pier Paolo!

two 2050 arrived safely to their new home.
just wainting a last order and I'll test them in my pultec.

thanks.
Jr.

new preamp

this is not a 312 or neve clone, it's a totally new preamp using silicium and germanium DOA's

pre%20APP1028.JPG

this is a prototype , than it has not labels and one channel and I am waiting the knob , it is waiting to be sent out to a studio for tests.

the box is big because it is for four channels as an API3124, but it is two times more complex than the 3124 so isn't so small. Yes, it's 51x compatible, moreover, each channels can have the out trasformer configured for 1:2 or 1:1.
I'm going to post the photo of the internal.
I'm developing the 51x version.

this is the preamp module (one channel)

please note that's ONLY a PROTOTYPE! thank you

pre%20app1040%20module%20+%20meter2.JPG

it has inedit topology , not all world is 312 or Neve clones!

it has only 32dBu out ,

the DI input is connected directly to the + in of the DOA.
I've designed this topology to play the instruments directly connected to APP2050GE germanium DOA , to avoid to hear
the sound of a DI or a transformer.

what power transformer are you guys (us, canada) using for piers power supply? i'd like to use a small torroidal. any suggestions?

Ryake said:
Received my two Germanium DOA's, Thanks Pier!

Ryan

thanks Ryan for having considered my opamps!
I would like to council you to use the APP2050E inside the Peter's eq and the APP2050GE inside preamps, because for preamps the 2050 germanium is very special.

seavote said:
what power transformer are you guys (us, canada) using for piers power supply? i'd like to use a small torroidal. any suggestions?

the power of the trasformer depends of its charge, than of the sum of the quiescent current of the channels supplied and the max out currents on 600 ohm of these channels. I've designed this PSU for 4  312 channels max, so

for 2  312 channels I council you a 15VA power trasformer and for 4 312 channels a 25VA or 30VA power trasformer 

I've sold 35   2050 germanium's in these months on pre-sale to see if it would have works well.
Since it sounded very well I am replacing a little stock of them, because I am developing my new mic preamp with transformers and an inedit topology trasformerless pre.
If there is a good request of this type of opamp I am happy to make a big stock of them.  

pier, i  populated my PSU board a long while ago then moved on to populating two others pcbs for my project. i'd like to order  the power transformer for my m1 type build. i dont have the schematic or other info with me and wont have access to it till tuesday. could you tell me the 2 voltagesi want coming from the power tranny to inputs 1 and 2??
thanks  chris vought  (seavote)

seavote said:
pier, i  populated my PSU board a long while ago then moved on to populating two others pcbs for my project. i'd like to order  the power transformer for my m1 type build. i dont have the schematic or other info with me and wont have access to it till tuesday. could you tell me the 2 voltagesi want coming from the power tranny to inputs 1 and 2??
thanks  chris vought  (seavote)

for 2X  M1 channels (without meters) the power trasformer is 15VA  25+25V , so two secondaries of 25V each (or 24V each).

for 4X  M1 channels (without meters) the power trasformer is 25VA  or (30VA) 25+25V (or 24+24V) , so two secondaries of 25V each (or 24V each). 

ppa said:
Ryake said:
Received my two Germanium DOA's, Thanks Pier!

Ryan

thanks Ryan for having considered my opamps!
I would like to council you to use the APP2050E inside the Peter's eq and the APP2050GE inside preamps, because for preamps the 2050 germanium is very special.

Will Do! Thanks again

thanks pier. was pretty sure the 24V was ok for the =/- 24v but didnot know what was a good voltage to regulate to 15V
thanks

seavote said:
thanks pier. was pretty sure the 24V was ok for the =/- 24v but didnot know what was a good voltage to regulate to 15V
thanks

it is 15+15V.
If you have other questions, please contact me.
regs
Pier Paolo

hi!

I´d like to order one APP2050E. whats your paypal address?

cheers,
martin

mrcase said:
hi!

I´d like to order one APP2050E. whats your paypal address?

cheers,
martin
Martin I am going to check if I have one available because I have had several orders in this months and I'm replecing the stock. However, if I have not any APP2050E available to go out now , if you want, I can send you an message or email, when it is ready to go out.
cheers
Pier Paolo

I finally tested APP2050 in 312 circuit. Sounds great! Will order even more in the future ;) Thanks for great service and very affordable prices!

Back