APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello! :D
here the new born preamp di box app1040 with APP germanium doa, APP led bar,lundahl-Ea transformers,APP psu.
sound huge on el. guitars,el. bass,will try on other instruments.
thank you Pier Paolo!!

SP_A0292-1.jpg

SP_A0299.jpg

SP_A0297.jpg

SP_A0296.jpg

DINGO.

thanks DINGO for having used for the first time my boards and opamps.
Very good work!

yes,

the app1040 mic/di preamp boards are available to send out and the PSU boards too.

they are double face PCBs and you can use several trasformers and DOA's , the Ea transformers go very good in this project.

regarding prices the APP1040  pre PCB only costs

15 euros each, from 1 pc to 4 pcs
13.5 euros from 5 to 8 pcs
12 euros from 9 to 20 pcs.

VAT included

PPA,
I received the PSU and VU bargraph PCBs from you, many thanks. Where can I
find your schematic for the VU board? I'm stuck without it.

Frank

just arrived? I thought it would arrived later, so, send me an email that I will send all docs by email, please.

Pier Paolo

r2d2 said:
Hello "PPA"
please the psu kit include all parts needed ?
capacitors are "low esr" ?

peace
yes, the kit includes all parts needed for its circuitry.
the caps are not low esr but they are 105C° type (except two caps of 85C°), all res are 1% metal film type.
However, is not required to have low esr components in this type of circuit, famous and expensive commercial gears do not use low esr components in their 50Hz PSU's. I agree with them because the most important feature here is the reliability, infact I use 105C° components and PSU's circuitry is designed for reliability and low noise. (for example the circuit is also designed to avoid to stress the LM regulators in the off-on state). The PSU's PCB is vetronite FR4 2mm with copper of 70um made in Italy (often is 35um).

Thanks for the info. Interested in four APP1040 preamp boards and one PSU2 kit plus shipping to Canada (postal code T3G 4J3). How much, and which paypal address for Canadian customers?

Ralph

Hi Pier Paolo,
I am worried, I have not received the doa the four DOA, i think this is not normal?
Do you have a tracking number? Can you check this point with your post office?
Best Cyril

thanks you for this quick response and the express shipping

Hi Pier,

Thanks you, i received the DOA this morning.

I'll replace the Gar2520 by your APP2050 this evening.

Best
Cyril

Thanks for the PSU boards Pier.

Have a question...

I need 24VDC and 48VDC (for Telefunken modules)

I'm feeding the pcb from a wall wart 24VAC adapter. (so single secondary / no center tap)

Do i connect the 24VAC just to pins 1 and 4 of the input connector?
and then solder the jumper for 24VDC.
thanks
Paul

this PSU module can run using one secondary only having all the main outs and +48 out working, so also the -Vcc out works with one secondary only connected, but C19 becames 220uF 63V (or voltage greater) instead of 100uF 63V, moreover C20 is omitted.

This secondary must be connected to the AC1A and AC1B inputs and the jumper must be set for 24V for 24V out (for 16v out the jumper goes to 16v position, is not changed the jumper setting).

If you need only the +Vcc and the +48 outs than you can connect the secondary's wires in other manner but some things must be done , so , since I need to give you a schematic and/or some indications I am sending them by email to you.  8)

to " PPA "
sorry for question
it's possible increase the "mA" ratio of the 48V out as well?
like 250-300 mA

peace!

r2d2 said:
to " PPA "
sorry for question
like 250-300 mA

peace!

yes, just changing 3 caps

thanks "PPA"
i think to need also 800mA/1A on the +24V
no -24V needed , just 0V
as i see at " post 1 " this psu board supply 600mA at +24V

possible also increase this ratio?
peace!

ppa said:
r2d2 said:
to " PPA "
sorry for question
like 250-300 mA

peace!

yes, just changing 3 caps

Latest posts

Back