APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Songguy said:
Total noob question.
What is the exact purpose of this pultec I/O board. Please educate me. How is this different from the g- pultec boards I have? is that even a valid question?

Cheers,
Chris

the section, that does the equalization function inside the pulteq eq1a, needs input and makeup/out stages.
My IO board gives an input stage and a makeup/out stage for the passive eq stage of the pulteq eq1a.

The original pulteq eq has only tubes on makeup/out stage.

I have designed a board to have these input and out stage based on solid state technology with DOA's and/or IC opamps.

Moreover, to use the Ian Bell pulteq eq inductorless version is needed a fet buffer stage to use bipolar trasistors IC, so my IO board has a fet buffer stage for this.

some my customers are going to use both the makeup stages : solid state (my IO board) stage and the tube (Ian Bell) stage.

ppa said:
Since the first 18 boards I have ordered will be to me in 7-10 days, I can accept the first payments, i have just sent a message to the first ones who have ordered the boards

thanks
regards
Pier Paolo

Ok, I've received your PM.

What's your Paypal address and what are the shipping costs to France for 4 IO +2 PSU boards?

Thanks..

radiance said:
ppa said:
Since the first 18 boards I have ordered will be to me in 7-10 days, I can accept the first payments, i have just sent a message to the first ones who have ordered the boards

thanks
regards
Pier Paolo

Ok, I've received your PM.

What's your Paypal address and what are the shipping costs to France for 4 IO +2 PSU boards?

Thanks..

the total is calculated as following:

4x IO boards = 4x 12  = 48 euro
2x PSU2 PCB's =2x 5  = 10 euro
S&H  to France (registered mail service) = 9 euro
paypal fees 3%
-----------------------------------------------
TOTAL  69 euro

my paypal address are being sent with message to you.

thanks
kind regards
Pier Paolo

Excellent! Could you add the pcb to the first post or is the boards a work in progress?
Sorry if this is obvious, I haven't read through the thread.

Hi Pier
I need your paypal address and the total price for payment

2x APP2050 Germanium = 2 x 38e = 76 euros
4x IO boards = 4x 12  = 48 euros
2x PSU2 PCB's =2x 5  = 10 euros
S&H  to France (registered mail service) = 9 euros
paypal fees 3%
total= 147,29 euro (148 euros)

it's correct for you?
Best
Cyril

creal said:
Hi Pier
I need your paypal address and the total price for payment

2x APP2050 Germanium = 2 x 38e = 76 euros
4x IO boards = 4x 12  = 48 euros
2x PSU2 PCB's =2x 5   = 10 euros
S&H  to France (registered mail service) = 9 euros
paypal fees 3%
total= 147,29 euro (148 euros)

it's correct for you?
yes, pm sent
Best
Cyril

Yo...... I'm glad I checked in on this thread. I'm not visiting Prodigy regularly right now because I end up spending too much money. But I still want these I/O boards. Pier - Have you sent me an invoice? If not, please do. I will send you an e-mail from my dayjob address in a few minutes. Four I/O boards at 12EUR each and two PSU2's at 5EUR each plus shipping to east coast USA. Eedley. Oodley. Thanks, DANA.

Tubemooley said:
Yo...... I'm glad I checked in on this thread. I'm not visiting Prodigy regularly right now because I end up spending too much money. But I still want these I/O boards. Pier - Have you sent me an invoice? If not, please do. I will send you an e-mail from my dayjob address in a few minutes. Four I/O boards at 12EUR each and two PSU2's at 5EUR each plus shipping to east coast USA. Eedley. Oodley. Thanks, DANA.

When I have launched the group buy in the ruffrecord's thread and I have ordered 20 IO board pcb's to the PCB factory (in that time I have not supposed all these orders). For the other 100 pcb's I will order them after I have tested the first 20. They will be soon to me, just some days (4-6 days I think), but I need one or two days to test them and than I will order the second stock of boards for the other members.

Hi Pier,

Do you have an update of the order list?

Thanks

I've paypalled you the 13th of May but so far I've not received anything. Should I be worried?
I mean, a package send from Italy to France should not take long right?

radiance said:
I've paypalled you the 13th of May but so far I've not received anything. Should I be worried?
I mean, a package send from Italy to France should not take long right?

No, the PCB's are just arrived to me today , today I will post a photo.
First sending them I should test them , so I keep a few of days 

Winetree said:
I'm getting 2 sets of inductor boards, 4 total.
I need how many of the in/out boards? and power supply(s)?
Invoice me for that many.

you need 4 io boards,

regarding the PSU , it depends if you use DOA's, and if you use them, it depends of the quiescent currents of them and the quantity.

Just to be more precise, the boards can accept until two DOA's , but you could use even one DOA for each io board in the output/make up stage and use an IC opamp in the input stage.
However considering 2 DOA's for each io board, one PSU only can supply power to 4 boards, but the LM317/337 must have good heatsinks. 

ppa said:
Citrus Hill said:
Hi Pier,
I'd like to purchase 10 pultec i/o boards and 5 psu2 boards.  can you let me know what the total would be in USD? 
Thanks,
Rob Mc.

11x10=110 euro (io board) , 5x5=25 (Psu2)    total = 135 euro that are 193.5 USD
shipping costs are unknown bacause I don't know the weight yet but with registered mail service might be in range 12.75 euro = 18 USD , Prices are indicative because they have to be recalculated at time of payment for the variable quote of USD.

I have done 11 euro pc being 10 boards

thanks
cheers
Pier Paolo

Hi Pier,
Can you send me an invoice for these if you are ready?
Thanks,
Rob Mc.

I am testing the boards , I cannot accept other orthers before having testing them.
however, I have tested the output/makeup and it works fine.
I am testing the input section to be precise.

Back