APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Songguy said:
Pablo,
I too have received nothing after a month.
Chris

Chris, at this point PM me your address and your order so I will send another parcel the next week, please.

thanks
Pier Paolo

desol said:
Tracking number would be good Pier. Not sure of shipment ETA...

Still waiting...

The parcel is not tracked in Canada. The postal office said me that are needed two month to know if a parcel is missed in Canada, but it's too time.

I have a new parcel just ready to go for the next week as the other 4.

Pier Paolo

a new parcel is ready to go out to your new address
Pier Paolo  :)

Michael Tibes said:
Michael Tibes said:
Michael Tibes said:
Paid up, thank you again  :)

Michael

I still haven't received mine either :(

Michael

Still nothing here... When did you ship mine actually? I can hardly believe it takes so long to just cross the alps.

Michael

a new parcel is ready to be sent out in the next week  :)

Pier Paolo 

Hi Pier

I got my boards very fast this time..  ???

Thanks!  :)

Dubka said:
Could someone please explain why there is no option for an input transformer?
Cheers

thanks for the good call, so I can expose some my choises.

There are the following reasons:

My goal was to permit easily to use an 1U rack chassis for the PULTEQ EQ, because to save space in a recording studio is important today, so the sound engineers can have 4 or 6 or 8 pulteq eqs in a reasonable space. 
Many out trasformers must be placed horizontally in a 1U rack chassis but is not so easy to do it. Considering that several opamps (IC and DOA's) doesn't work at +-24V to have an output level equal or better than 24dbu, an out trasformer (used in 1:2 config) is necessary to have this headroom.
So the chance to mount easily an out trasformer onboard was a "must" for me.
Yes, there are some DOA's that work at +-24V but I wanted that forum members could to use an +-16V DOA too, or, if needed, an IC opamp in place of it.
I have included an space onboard for the out trasformer only to mount it easily, not for other reasons.

An input trasformer can not be mounted vertically onboard inside an 1U rack chassis and it is very hard to mount onboard it horizontally (speaking for an 1U rack chassis), there are several input trasformers wired that can be mounted horizontally near to the input of the eq section with ties or screws, for example some Sowter xfrs can be mounted easily vertically on the 1U chassis's bottom panel using screws , some wired cinemag xfrs can be mounted horizontally inside a 1U rack chassis using plastic ties and connect it with its wires.

The second reason is the board's cost.
To include an output trasformer in the board was an added cost, but, since it was necessary for the above reason I decided to include it.
Regarding an input trasformer zone I decided to exclude it because it was not necessary as the output trasformer so I wanted to avoid a cost that for many customers maybe is only a cost, although actually it is important having it onboard when an input trasformer is needed , but we  keep in mind that it's possible having it onboard not for 1U chassis and however an input trasformer can be placed outboard.
I would add that the out trasformer zone onboard is a cost added of 30% of theboard's  total cost.

The 3th reason is that many commercial gears have only active unbalanced inputs for cost reductions. Input trasformers cost more and more than active unbalanced inputs, often the commercial gears have a simple section based on IC opamp or an dedicated IC  in place of a trasformer. This section usually cost even 10 times less than a trasformer.
When I designed the board I considered even the option for the customer to have a cheap input section. A good option is an IC based input section and a DOA based out section with trasformer or trasformerless, perhaps even when the customer has just other 4 pulteq eq based on this board. The 3th reason seems to be similar to the 2nd, but it is not the same, because I wanted even to remake a thing that is become a "must" in the recording studio gears, that's the active input section.  This is important to remake a "sound look" feature at the eq that's in many famous commercial gears' sound now. 
However, the customer can mount an input trasformer outboard if he prefer it for having an old style sound.
I would like to add that my board is not in any case an cheap/low performances board, several solutions used are better than in expensive commercial gears, I permit myself to say without offence nobody. For example the input section uses a my new schematic without electrolityc caps.

cheers
Pier Paolo

I should make new prices, but since you have asked before I have made them,I apply to you the old prices. These prices are the same of the group buy,  12 euro each PCB so the total with shipping to UK with registered mail service is:

2x12 = 24 euro
S&H = 8.5 euro
===========
total 34.5

total with paypal fees (3.5%) = 35.7 euro

cheers

ppa said:
Michael Tibes said:
Michael Tibes said:
Michael Tibes said:
Paid up, thank you again  :)

Michael

I still haven't received mine either :(

Michael

Still nothing here... When did you ship mine actually? I can hardly believe it takes so long to just cross the alps.

Michael

a new parcel is ready to be sent out in the next week  :)

Pier Paolo

Hi Pier,

I received the boards 10 days ago, thanks again for your effort - they do look great  :)

What happened actually, I hope you didn't lose a whole shipment?

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Tibes said:
Hi Pier,

I received the boards 10 days ago, thanks again for your effort - they do look great  :)

What happened actually, I hope you didn't lose a whole shipment?

Cheers,

Michael

I have a small suspicion on it , but are needed two months to know it.
I have sent a lot of parcels, very often these ones arrived to their destinations, some no (a few).
But the problem is August. In Italy in August a lot of people are in holiday (90%), so in August there were days with one postal clerk only in the front office of the postal office where I send the parcels, and those near it. But this year many italian have continued to send parcels the same (to family and friends) because many have reduced the duration of their travels or have eliminated totally them for the strong italian economic crisis. However, if these parcel are lost I am entitled to a refund from the postal office.
Moreover, this summer seems that a lot a lot of tax assessments were sent against the sicilian companies creating difficulties in sending parcels and mails. Italians are stressed by the very high italian taxes and the very complicated italian fiscal system that's much more complex than that of other countries.

Hi Pier Paolo!

I'm interested in the Piccolo amp boards. I coudn't find any info with search and your site seems to be under construction as well. Could you tell some more? I guess there is much info in the Internets about gainclone but could you give some details? I'm planning to revive old 3 way speakers that have failing amps and no replacement parts available. The active crossovers are still good so all I need is 3 amps per speaker around 50-100W. thanks!

-T

Hi Temu,

my amp card vs. the original gainclone card has added an RF filter , an optional decupling cap, a zobel net on out and a PSU card on board so the amp become very compact. For the PSU you should add the power supply trasformer only. You can use the same power trasformer for all gainclone cards. Moreover I have modified some resistor values for best THD and bw response.
This card can give 50W on 8 ohm and 68 on 4 ohm. It sound very good, better, in my opinion vs. the original project.
piccolo%2022%20009%20b.JPG

For higher power I sell an mosfet amp card with 100W on 8 ohm and 180W on 4 ohm with better sound performances. I have just developed it on this summer. This card has discrete topology and has the power supply caps on board to save space. It has very powerful basses (impressive), extremely fast transients and a trasparence sound look.

regarding the Piccolo amp I have the PCB and the psu caps (very cheap price and high quality) just available and ready to go out. Moreover, I have the LM3886T (strip metal case) at only 5 euro pc for 4-6 pcs. 

these the prices
APP studio ing PICCOLO  PCB only:

one pc: 8 euros each plus S&H and paypal fees.
from 2 to 4 pcs= 6 euros plus S&H and paypal fees.
from 5 to 6 pcs= 5.5 euros plus S&H and paypal fees.
from 7 to 10 pcs= 5 euros plus S&H and paypal fees.

for the mosfet amp card I am waiting the PCB's even if I have the most important components available.

Thanks for details, the amps seems to be of great value as usual! I have to check out what the existing mains transformers are capable of and get back to you later this autumn.

Latest posts

Back