APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cormacrestrike said:
Hi
I'm just about to embark on my first project building a 4 channel version of ruffrecords PMEQP1 and I'm on the hunt for gain make up and PSU options.

The I/O board looks like a good match for make-up and output for the EQ circuit so I just wanted to check if the PSU2 could potentially provide power for 4 of the boards if matched with an appropriate power transformer?

Many thanks
Cormac

Hi,

yes, the PSU2 can provide power for the 4 IO boards you need, but the IC regulators inside it need a good heatsink (that is not a problem).
I have just only 4 IO boards available, for the PSU2 boards I have them in quantity.

thanks
cheers
Pier Paolo

Dear Pier,

Is it possible to place an order for one APP2050E?
I am new here and was not sure how this webpage system works?
Writing this from Tokyo.

Christina

christinafoulds said:
Dear Pier,

Is it possible to place an order for one APP2050E?
I am new here and was not sure how this webpage system works?
Writing this from Tokyo.

Christina

Hi Christina,

I have only an APP2050 (normal version) available,
However, I am replacing a 2050E stock.

Pier Paolo

Hello!Pierpaolo! ;D
here some pictures about your germanuim preamp app1060
it is a prototype pcb 
very nice sounding  preamp a good alternative to api style preamp!!!!
sound great on guitars- vox - bass....also for overhead drum

SP_A0419.jpg

SP_A0410.jpg

SP_A0436.jpg

thank you!!
dingo.

NEW PREAMP MIC

the APP Studio Ing. MA1

this is the prototype, just an image made with the cellphone.

MA1_4_.JPG

this preamp is not a 312 style preamp but a new one.

Hi Pier Paolo

The APP992 (Are they identical with your APP2065?) opamps arrived. We are impressed! Beautiful performance in Igors sontec, we upgraded from old signetics 5534s, a very noticable improvement! No measurable distortion in your opamp at sane levels, but a somehow rich and deep sound compared to the signetics. Great.
I have to admit, it is my first experience with changing a 5534 (or any other chip) to a discrete opamp.

Best Tobias

hop.sing said:
Hi Pier Paolo

The APP992 (Are they identical with your APP2065?) opamps arrived. We are impressed! Beautiful performance in Igors sontec, we upgraded from old signetics 5534s, a very noticable improvement! No measurable distortion in your opamp at sane levels, but a somehow rich and deep sound compared to the signetics. Great.
I have to admit, it is my first experience with changing a 5534 (or any other chip) to a discrete opamp.

Best Tobias

thanks for your comments,
yes, app992 is very similar to app2065, the app2065 has bipolar transistors in the front end, so it uses the same 992 PCB.   
Now, I have developed another opamp called app2060 that's a FET input opamp

NEW  MIC/DI PREAMP

APP Studio Ing.  MA1

this mic pre uses both a germanium and some silicon transistors. I have designed this gear to have the sound of germanium with the dynamic and the fast transients of my opamps.
The germanium transistor is placed in the best point to make sound.
MA1 is for 500 rack chassis and operates at 16V of power.
I have used with success the classic api trasformers and I council you them very much.

MA1_2_2.JPG

MA1_8_2.JPG

It is an outstanding preamp, a studio recording in Italy has an MA1 and has registered a video using it, just to listen the voice registered with the MA1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqr9ABICNuQ

I could do a group buy for a kit if there is sufficient quantity of people interested on.

Actually I have some PCB's and some chassis and all semiconductors, since some MA1's are just sold in Italy and in USA. But if there are several people interested I can order other chassis and PCB's and doing sale prices for the group buy.

Thanks for looking.

Hi,

Actually, I can offer a basic kitset with the following parts:

- PCB
- front panel (full worked)
- L-bracket  (full worked)
- all semiconductors included in the project(onsemi and semelab), leds are included.
- stand-offs, screws.

the following other components are available from classicapi:

- input trasformer
- output trasformer
- potentiometer
- knob
- swicthes
- push buttons

the preamp can use several trasformers (some of Classicapi, Cinemag, Jensen, Altran and Lundhal)
I have used classicapi trasformers inside the preamp and it got very high performances so I council them very much.

the basic kit prices are the following:

1 kit is 85 euro + shipping + paypal fees

2 kits are 150 euro + shipping + paypal fees

4 kits are 250 euro + shipping + paypal fees

thanks for inquiry
kind regards
Pier Paolo

Latest posts

Back