APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the germ pre looks exciting  , I've been meaning to order a couple of your germ opamps
so looks like I'll have to put an order together

okgb said:
the germ pre looks exciting  , I've been meaning to order a couple of your germ opamps
so looks like I'll have to put an order together

many thanks for comments,

sorry, but regarding the APP2050GE , even if they had success, I have put them out of production from a while because they needed too hard work.

kind regards

since I have only some pcs, I would want to say that, to avoid misunderstandings, priority is given with payment.

kind regards

I did some DOA comparisons. I have several different types of ppa opamps so I thought other people here might be interested.

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=27972.msg618444#msg618444

The new APP992 opamp is amazing. Someone building mastering gear should perhaps check it out.

Kingston said:
I did some DOA comparisons. I have several different types of ppa opamps so I thought other people here might be interested.

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=27972.msg618444#msg618444

The new APP992 opamp is amazing. Someone building mastering gear should perhaps check it out.

thanks very much for your comments,

Winetree said:
Pier,
Received the Kits and CAPI parts. Waiting for 2nd package.
Please send Docs.
Check your E-mail and clear PM box.

I have sent the docs to your email

kind regards

Winetree said:
What value is R8?
Not listed in MA1 BOM.

sorry for the value missed in the BOM , R8 is 10k , 1/4W, 1%, metal film (however it can be 5% carbon film for who loves the old carbon film resistors' sound)

PM with the new BOM sent

[/quote]

thanks for your comments,
yes, app992 is very similar to app2065, the app2065 has bipolar transistors in the front end, so it uses the same 992 PCB.   
Now, I have developed another opamp called app2060 that's a FET input opamp
[/quote]

I' m sorry, I' m a bit confused about all your DOA´s right now. Is the APP992 the only one in stock at the moment?
I would like to buy two opamps for my upcomming build: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=46920.0
Do you think these will fit this application? In the build thread they say I might need a feedback cap if it has high DC offset (in this case a JLM99V opamp), what do you think?

Kind regards
Magnus

Dr Gris said:
thanks for your comments,
yes, app992 is very similar to app2065, the app2065 has bipolar transistors in the front end, so it uses the same 992 PCB.   
Now, I have developed another opamp called app2060 that's a FET input opamp

I' m sorry, I' m a bit confused about all your DOA´s right now. Is the APP992 the only one in stock at the moment?
I would like to buy two opamps for my upcomming build: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=46920.0
Do you think these will fit this application? In the build thread they say I might need a feedback cap if it has high DC offset (in this case a JLM99V opamp), what do you think?

Kind regards
Magnus

thanks for the question.
APP992 is the only opamp I have stocked at this time.
APP992 is a very good opamp for many eqs for its high slew rate of 75V/uS and its very high BW
and for its very high stability.

Mitsos has just PM me,
Yes, I think APP992 runs on Mitsos's eq without any mod. If you decide to buy it from me and If it doesn't run in the Mitsos's eq I will refund you the money for the 992's you will buy from me.  :).

kind regards
Pier Paolo

Hi Pier,

thank you very much for your great offering. That is very kind of you!!
Since I' ve read so much good things about your opamps I really want to buy two APP992' s from you.
Even if I would have to mod the EQ circuit it wouldn' t be too much hassle.
All of your earlier opamps have caught my attention for a while so this new APP992 seems very exciting!!
I will contact you by PM or mail or you can email me if you' d like.

Sinceramente
Magnus

a photo of MA1 mic preamp with new PCB.

MA1%20photo2.JPG

okgb said:
Will the preamp be available as a kit ? and will you post when the germanium opamps
are back in stock ?

yes, I will sell the preamp as a kit and mounted.
I am waiting some components to make the kits.
The kit is a partial kit and it will have all components except the trasformers and the switches.

Yes, I will post when the new germanium DOA will be ready to sale.

Hi Pier,
some questions about your APP PSU - (maybe it should be posted elsewhere?)

I´m learning by doing, so sorry for newbie questions.
Is a 30VA 2x18V enough for powering 4x312-style pres running at 16V, in addition to 48V?
I don´t understand how the PSU makes +48V from this toroid- but I can see that theres no input for a +48V secondary.
LM317 is only specced to about +37V. Will it be able to handle +48V?
I also want to pretrim the trimmers so I´m not that far off when powering up, but I cant seem to calculate the right values - since LM317 needs more than 10K to make 48V when R6 is 332ohm according to schematic.

Thanks
Rune

Latest posts

Back