APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dubwarrior said:
ppa said:
dubwarrior said:
Hy Paolo

Any news abut your phono pre?  ;D

Do you have any recommendations for transformars for the IO Board?

cheers

Rico

I have just designed the schematic and I going to design the PCB.
After I will have done to design this PCB I will order some PCB for prototyping , at this point, if this phono preamp runs fine, I could give you two of these ones. 

kind regads
Pier Paolo

that would be really generous  :D :D :D

About the Line IO boards
Do you have any transformer recommendations?

regards

Rico

regarding the phono pre I am working on PCB design yet.

regarding trasformers fro I/O boaed there is the following suggested:

-    CMOB-2H
-    CMOB-2L
–  CINEMAG CMOQ-2S
–  CINEMAG CMOQ-2L
–  CINEMAG CMOQ-2H
–  CLASSIC API EA2503
http://classicapi.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_37&products_id=79
–  JENSEN TRASFORMERS  JT-11SS-DLCF
–  JENSEN TRASFORMERS JT-123-ALCF

for clear sound I suggest you the CINEMAG CMOQ-2H, CMOB-2H,  JENSEN TRASFORMERS JT-123-ALCF, JENSEN TRASFORMERS  JT-11SS-DLCF.

kind regards
Pier Paolo

pidah said:
Just want to say that a Pier Paulo designed phone pre sounds very interesting to me. Very interesting indeed!

cheers,
Pieter

thanks for you interest.
work is in progress  :)

Pier Paolo

Hello Pier,

APP992's received in germany today.
And thank you very much for the gift you've added.Must think about a nice way to use it now,hahaha...

Best regards,

Udo. ;)

hello Pierpaolo ;D
here some photo with my new equalizer
made with your boards  IO board for input and output,APP992 doa, APP PSU, and filter boards
four bands parallel eq PARAMETRIC shelving, variable  Q on all bands ,low and high bands variable q in bot mode
variable gain  +- 9db  +-16db
clean sound very musical and usable , for mixing, tracking,and mastering!!
thank you Pier.

eq3.jpg

eq2in.jpg

eq1.jpg

Hello dingo,

a really nice piece of gear you have there,congratulations!
Most of it seems to be italian,that's a modushop case with pierced inner base,right?

Have fun with it,

cheers,

Udo :)

Yes, it is made with an italian chassis and it uses all italian boards by
APP studio ing. (also the filter boards are APP studio ing.).

Pier Paolo designed this eq in these months, and since this eq's features
exciting to me I have asked to Pier to build one.

So, at this point, Pier sent to me the filter boards and the other boards.

This eq does passively the sum of the out signal from the filter boards,
moreover it is possible to set the q of the filter boards also in shelving
mode, that's very useful.
The filter boards use SVF filter topology. "

Cheers Pier I'd like to place an order for one
APP STUDIO ING. PSU2 please.

also could you tell me what is the input voltage range for both 16 and 24 volt out, so i can devise a transformer to work for me at 230 volts in.

PM'd you too

brennyb said:
Cheers Pier I'd like to place an order for one
APP STUDIO ING. PSU2 please.

also could you tell me what is the input voltage range for both 16 and 24 volt out, so i can devise a transformer to work for me at 230 volts in.

PM'd you too

Hi

with 230 V of AC power on input the power trasformers should be the following ones:

for +-16V out are indicated power trasformers with 15+15 VAC of secondaries and 230VAC or 220VAC of primary
(or 110+110VAC or 115+115VAC of primaries).
Moreover, are indicated for +-16V power trasformers with 18+18 VAC of secondaries and 240VAC of primary
(or 120+120VAC of primaries). These primaries must be connected in series.

for +-24V out are indicated power trasformers with 22+22 VAC of secondaries and 230VAC or 220VAC of primary
(or 110+110VAC or 115+115VAC of primaries).
Moreover, are indicated for +-24V power trasformers with 24+24 VAC or 25+25VAC of secondaries and 240VAC of primary (or 120+120VAC of primaries). These primaries must be connected in series.

In any case before to take the AC power trasformer send me an email for my suggestions, please.

thanks
cheers
Pier Paolo

for +-16V out are indicated power trasformers with 15+15 VAC or 18 + 18VAC of secondaries.
For +-24V out  I council 22+22VAC, 24+24VC , 25+25VAC of secondaries.
If you need an AC power trasformer for 230 VAC it should have a primary for 230VAC 

oceres said:
Hello,

Any timeline for the APP2050 Germanium ones? Would be interested in a pair. Nice sTuff!

I have just a little stock ready to send out but before I put it on sale it is near to be ended.
I have a pair for you.
I am going to send you a PM.

thanks for inquiry
cheers
Pier Paolo

While I have not yet paid for my two ma1"s and two app992"s and two germ 2520 I just want to report pier is a pleasure to deal with and he is a real design talent - like so so many others here. It's my birthday and I'm merry!! Can't wait for th ma1s in my rack!!
Matt
[email protected]

Ive a pair on the way and give a thorough rundown after breaking them in. I;m thinking this is of the TG< EMI family with the germ and silicon transistors? Just a guess - in fact I;ve been thinking about the topology. Pier?

dogma said:
Ive a pair on the way and give a thorough rundown after breaking them in. I;m thinking this is of the TG< EMI family with the germ and silicon transistors? Just a guess - in fact I;ve been thinking about the topology. Pier?

No, MA1 is a my own design,
regading sound, the silicon version of MA1 (no germanium trasistors inside) sounds similar to TG EMI preamp I think.

electrisizer said:
hey ppa,

i need 2x 992 kits, when do you think are they ready again?

greets  :D

I would have them ready to sell but I have not any 1N4148 diodes (8 for each 992) at the moment,
another forum menber has bought them without these diodes at the reduced price of 16.9 euro each one.
If you want buy them in this moment I can sell them to you without diodes.

thanks for inquiry
kind regards
Pier Paolo

Hey Pier - Could you please check your email. From thenewmandmshow.at.gmail.dot.com - Cheers, MAtt

Back