APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Pier !
payment sent last mont , april 11th, for 4 APP2050E in 24v,
best regards,
Francois

pacemaker said:
Hi Pier !
payment sent last mont , april 11th, for 4 APP2050E in 24v,
best regards,
Francois

Hi Francois,

scuse me but the matter that I have not received any comunication that you have done the payment (no one from you and no one from paypal). I honestly thought that for some reason you would not have to buy them more or in the next future.

Pier Paolo

Hi Pier,could you please send me the docs for the DIP version of your babys ?

anyway..just ordered two more vp28´s from jeff to fill them with the normal 992´s  ;D 8)
i did a extensive shootout recording the same synth and drummachine-loops and then looped always 2 combinations of opamps in the DAW . I had two vp28 each stuffed with the same opamp type to accumulate sound impact, AD was prism orpheus.
I testet gar2520´s, the diy melcors, your app2520 and their fet-broo´s, red dots , the now out of production germ opamps and for sure , the 992´s
I have to admit that the differences were sometimes to small to hear even hearing it in a continous loop.
(while just switching around before i could swear i had heared much more differences...)
but for me i clearly had two winners for this task :
the gar2520 gives the most ´compact´sound , some nice familiar glue with a trade off in detail which should be perfect for the drumbuss, i think that is the sound jeff had in his ear on his journey
with capi ;)
and on the other side the vp´s loaded with your 992´s...
very huge sound , the transformers start to shine out in the best way, lots of clear bass, 3D mids and pristine highs, nice transient detail. my fav. for synth recording !
so i had to order two more vp´s because i need two stereo channels, one based on gar2520, one on 992 .
just wanted to chime in with this !
axel

Axelerator said:
very huge sound , the transformers start to shine out in the best way, lots of clear bass, 3D mids and pristine highs, nice transient detail.

I' ll say it again, I have these in my four Analog Allstars EQP1S5 and they make them sound so refined!

Best
Magnus

in the analog allstars i like the red dots most which were to harsh for my taste in the vp28 and the Lc53 where  i tried them also.
but i also have one analog allstar  equipped with the 992  ;D
greets
axel

Axelerator said:
and on the other side the vp´s loaded with your 992´s...
very huge sound , the transformers start to shine out in the best way, lots of clear bass, 3D mids and pristine highs, nice transient detail. my fav. for synth recording !
so i had to order two more vp´s because i need two stereo channels, one based on gar2520, one on 992 .
just wanted to chime in with this !
axel

thank you very much for comments
APP992 is a new and modern opamp so it needs comments.

Dr Gris said:
Axelerator said:
very huge sound , the transformers start to shine out in the best way, lots of clear bass, 3D mids and pristine highs, nice transient detail.

I' ll say it again, I have these in my four Analog Allstars EQP1S5 and they make them sound so refined!

Best
Magnus

thank you very much for comments

Axelerator,
I assume you ran the 992's at 16 volts because of the 16 volt 2520's and also to be a fair comparison.
Have you tried the 992's at 24 volts?

until now i just tested them at 16 volts.
still waiting for more 511x projects with 24 volt supply to give them more juice..
but, at 16 volts the 992 is already very good sounding and seems to be quite fast.
greets
axel

several gdiy menbers here use APP992 at 24V and they said me that it is a very good sounding DOA (there are some reviews on GDIY forum), but would be nice a comparison between 16V and 24V working.

BTW Axel tested APP992 with a trasformer balanced gears, with trasformerless gears APP992 runs more trasparent (and with the 3d sound) because trasformers add his color to the sound.

for contact me just send me an email to pier.paolo.abbate - at - gmail.com

Hey Pier - As youve stopped offering the M1's, I think the Germ 992 would be attract a lot of people. Could you please consider doing more and keeping them on as a full time product?

Hi,

Regarding MA1, I have only temporarily suspended it to replace stock (I am waiting some components). Now I have replaced all kit's components except for the chassis, but I am just waiting them.

Latest posts

Back