APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leadbreath said:
pier i would also be interested in the germanium doa's if u would reconsider restocking them?

mick

I have developed a new germanium doa , the APP2056,

APP2050GE is out of production

Pier Paolo

Hi Pier - I purchased a Sontec 250 off another forum member. What opamps would you suggest to replace them with? I think your familiar with the circuit but I can get the ones currently in there. Great to see the Ma1 back in stock!. What is the new APP-MO6? And finally, how much are the germ opamps. Thanks pier. I'l l get this keyboard replaced one of these days - matt

Hi Matt,

I think to APP992 , moreover I have changed some transistors to get a max power supply voltages
of +/-28V that is that used in Sontec eqs. APP992 is used in several DIY Sontec eqs with outstanding result. 
APP MO-6 is a replacement of the Neumann MO-6 but its socket is not the 2520/990.
In any case the  APP992 is much more trasparent than APP MO-6. 
APP2056GE is a germanium colored DOA, it cannot work with +/-28V of power supply.

Pier Paolo

Ciao Pier,

finally I found the time to finish my Dual Piccolo:

piccolo_front.jpg

piccolo_inner.jpg

So far I am very happy with this one.
No noise, hum or other weird things.

Was nice and easy to build!

Thank you,
Carsten

culteousness1 said:
Ciao Pier,

finally I found the time to finish my Dual Piccolo:
So far I am very happy with this one.
No noise, hum or other weird things.

Was nice and easy to build!

Thank you,
Carsten

many thanks for the post.
the work looks very good!

Pier Paolo

sr1200 said:
;)  VERY interested.  My current PowerAmp needs to GO! ASAP lol.

If you need more power and dynamic and better sound quality than "Piccolo" amp I have designed a mosfet power amp module rated of 100W 8ohm / 180 W/4ohm rms. To get a stereo power amp there are needed two boards. They have a powerful and precise sound with a lot of dynamic.
I have the PCB's available.

ppa said:
If you need more power and dynamic and better sound quality I have designed a mosfet power amps rated of 100W 8ohm / 180 W/4ohm rms.
The have a powerful and precise sound with a lot of dynamic.
I have the PCB available.

Pier, where can I find a schematic for this "Mille e Ventidue"?
I might be interested as well...

Cheers,
Carsten

that "Mille e ventidue" amp is the previus version of this power amp module of 100W/ 8 ohm.

I am going to send you the 1022 docs by email.

"Mille e Ventidue" is 1022 in italian language. 

cheers
Pier Paolo

Quick question regarding the germanium DOA.  Have you heard of the DOAs going into thermal shutdown after a long period of use?  Had a LONG session the other day and one of my channels fizzled out after about 6hrs.  I turned off the unit, after a few, turned it back on and it was fine. 

sr1200 said:
Quick question regarding the germanium DOA.  Have you heard of the DOAs going into thermal shutdown after a long period of use?  Had a LONG session the other day and one of my channels fizzled out after about 6hrs.  I turned off the unit, after a few, turned it back on and it was fine.

there is thermal shutdown only if the DOA have a wrong component inside or there is a short cut or a false contact inside it. I suppose that in your DOA there is a false contact that became open after some hours of work.

Pier Paolo

How about if wires inadvertantly wound up ontop of the DOA smothering it.  Dunno how they got moved, they were ziptied together away from the chips.  Moved the wires out of the way, shes been cooking for about 4 hours now and no problems :)

Now that´s timing! I can´t stop myself from midnight shopping  ;)

Ciao !...at the end here some APP1060's picture ( MA1's rack version) that  i've built

tumblr_mwhcleLYMi1rjxrq5o1_1280.jpg

i've made with AF127 germanium Transistor, Classic api 2503 out transfo and silentarts's Haufe St8456 input transfo

tumblr_mwhcleLYMi1rjxrq5o2_1280.jpg

PierPaolo helped me a lot to fix some component...and at the first listening they seems absolutely fanstastic especially on both elect. bass and guitar and of course voice too

tumblr_mwhcleLYMi1rjxrq5o3_1280.jpg

So happy customer here, really thanks PierPaolo!  :)

Latest posts

Back