APP Studio Ing's products - APP992 - APP14GE Germanium DOA and other kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
App14ge can accept a few of different sockets so it's probably that your transistor can be used on it, but I should see if your transistor is  electrically compatible with the app14ge.
I suspect that with a simple mod it might be used on app14ge. So at this point I need the name of your transistor please
thanks for posting
best regards
Pier Paolo

AC128K

I bought many for a fuzz a few years ago so I have spares in my parts bin. I tested quite a few of them as they required to be "stable" for the fuzz circuit, but I'm wondering if the ones which tested "unstable" or leaky could be used in your DOA?

Do you sell just the PCB I want to try it as the summing amp in my mixer project and also as output driver for a 600:600 transformer.

Happy to even trial it myself. I would be interested in 4 PCB's

Rob

The ac128k is very slow so the opamp may have a stability problem. I should test it on app14ge, it might be a bit hard to mod for the best way. But,
I have a big entire stock of af106 ,  I sell it at very cheap price inside the kit. I think that I can't mod the app14ge for your transistor very soon.

ppa said:
The ac128k is very slow so the opamp may have a stability problem. I should test it on app14ge, it might be a bit hard to mod for the best way. But,
I have a big entire stock of af106 ,  I sell it at very cheap price inside the kit. I think that I can't mod the app14ge for your transistor very soon.

Thanks for checking it out for me. Much appreciated.

I will email you shortly for some kits, I still want to try the app14ge!

Cheers

Rob

Hi Pier,

could you answer to my email please? Any updates about the total?  ::)

Cheers,
Serg.

Hi Serg.

I have  searching for it,  just the time to do it. I have sent an email with the replay for your need.  ;)

cheers
Pier Paolo

Hey I almost forgot to post these.  I built some of Pier's 540 eqs and I had wanted to take pics in a better environment but I can't take them out of the rack  cause I use them too much on too many sessions.  Gyrator to the max and absolutely phenomenal in there ease of use.  They are utilitarian yet have the oomph a punch that modern DOA with  2503 output xfmrs impart.  I haven't tried them on the mix buss yet but I am imagining they will be great.

Anyways here are some pics.

http://postimage.org/

many thanks,

this is the production PCB's set. A little stock has just been arrived to my place.
Here a pic.

38158-100816180336.png

Lowfreq said:
Are these EQ's going to be available for us to buy? Kit form or pcb?

Actually I sell the PCB's only, I have available 6 pcs only since the other ones of the same little stock have been all sold on presale.
At this point I exstend the presale for these 6 ones too, the price is 22 euro each for one pc and 20 euro for >1 pc , S&H and paypal fees are excluded.
Are available BOM, schematic and front panel draft.
Thanks

Greetings
Pier Paolo

Hi Greg,

no, I haven't a website actually online.
The best transistor I have found for the MA1 is the AC126, I have only modified the values of a few of resistors  of MA1 schematic  because I don't want change it since I think that generally people like it as it is.
If I change it I should call it MA2 and not MA1 or with another name just to be clear. 

Pier Paolo   

BTW  AC126 is not hard to found since is very important that any component can be replaced, this is one of the points because I consider it the best germanium transistor for the MA1.

That EQ540 look great, are there any further details or a build thread?

I built up 4 x APP14GE with the AF106 germanium - great DOA Pier! the guide was clear walked me through with no problems during the build.

Heres a picture of them while I test them in place for VE summing and line driver duties for my custom console mixer. Sounds great.

ppadoa.jpg

Thank you very much for comments and the photo, I like it very much.

I am writing the assembly manual but actually it is only a draft of it, however I can give the same instructions I have sent to who has built it.

thanks
Pier Paolo

Hello Pier Paolo,
thank you so much for the APP14GE and your App992.
I built this DOAs in the last weeks.
Very good documentation and quality parts. The PCB from the APP14GE is top notch.
Already tested booth and I really like how they sound. The APP992 has a very classy sound to my ears especially in the highs.
The APP14GE has such nice harmonics. I tried them on my overheads. I just love it and highly recommend booth DOAs.

tonedude said:
Hi Pier Paolo, is it possible to use an ac126 in the app14ge?

Kindly, Mattias

Hi Mattias,

no, it cannot be used inside it.
thanks
Pier Paolo

Latest posts

Back