Hammond Organ transformers?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebartlet

Hey everyone,  I'm parting out a Hammond L-111 and there are a bunch of transformers on to of the tone generator,  I was wondering if anyone has found these transformers useful for any other application, before it hits the scrap bin?

I think the ouptut transformer is a regular PP El84 transformer

And the psu is probably useful too

I parted one of those, not sure about the exact model, yes the amps there are pp el84, however the speakers were 16 ohm, so the transformers are like 7k:16.
Power transformer can definitely be used for something...

Yes, actually the whole amp chassis could be made into a guitar amp pretty easily, which I'll do or sell to someone who wants it.  What I'm referring to are 40 or so transformers  on the top of the tone generator:

mylarcap.jpg

Without seeing it I'm assuming they are inductors for tuned circuits for tone generation.  Possibly multi-tapped. 

Thats exactly what they are.  Some frequencies come right from the pickup, some have a capacitor, some have a coil, and some have both.  They can be useful for replacing a missing tone, if you have an open coil.  Although they are certainly NOT all the same, so each coil is only optimized for its intended pitch.

Latest posts

Back