SSL E Series with G Series Computer - Video Issues?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Jackson

Hey Guys!

My colleagues and I are in the middle of an install of a 40 Frame E Series SSL, with a G Series computer. We don't have the computer manual as yet, and info is a bit sketchy, but we need to know the pin-out for the BICC connector on the studio computer motherboard, where the monitor connects.

Does anyone have a clue what it might be? I know there are a couple of you guys out there that are current or ex SSL techs...and hopefully you'll come across this. It would be fantastic if you could help us out on this one, as we don't wanna kill the monitor! We would be forever in your debt... :D

Yours in desperation...

Andy.

;D ;D ;D ;D

If you don't get on with it drop me a mail at michael at mtibes.de. I'm currently not close to my manuals. I vaguely remember the monitor needs 12 V and a normal video signal. You didn't get the manual with the console? It would really make a good group effort to scan some manuals and piece a complete one together...

Michael

Well, I suppose you're in a bit of a hurry, but you could ask Kathy from recycledaudio to make copies of the necessary parts of the manual.

I've got a few manuals for my sl5k desk from RA too.

I don't have the pinout with me, but I don't think I've ever looked it up...

Inside the connector is a coax, the center core and the shield is the PAL video output.

The other two wires are +12V(nominal) and 0V. Three seconds with a multimeter tells you which is which...

-That's pretty much it.

Keith

B15 6 Ways BICC P.C. Connector (console TV)
1 - Not used
2 - Video 1 Out  (coax 21)
3 - +12V 1 Unreg  (twin screened red)
4 - +12V 1 Unreg return  (twin screened black)
5 - Video 1 out return  (coax 21)
6 - Power Screen  (twin screened screen)

B16 6 Way BICC P.C. Connector (remote TV)
1 - not used
2 - Video 2 out  (coax 22)
3 - +12V 2 unreg (twin screened red)
4 - +12C 2 unreg return  (twin screened black)
5 - Video 2 out return  (coax 22)
6 - Power screen  (twin screened screen)

B11 6 way BICC P.C. connector (video distribution power)
1 - 12V AC I - yellow
2 - not used
3 - 12V AC II - blue
4 - 12V AC I return - green
5 - case - green/yellow
6 - 12V AC II return - violet

WOW!

U guys are fantastic...this had us scratching our heads a bit...just taking the safe option, as a lot of these parts are becoming quite scarce these days!

I'll post back how we get on, and maybe post some pics of the old girl!

Many many thanks to all you guys who have replied. Hopefully I can return the favour sometime?

Thanks again!

Andy.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Back