New Design 1176 Boards + 900 Power Supply Boards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just finished stuffing a Rev D board... great layout, great quality, great support from the PDF and info site (and of course, the Lab thread)
Can't wait to get this into the hairball case that I've got on the way.
Also, wanted to express interest in the possible full run of 1108 boards. If and when they happen, I'll be in for at least a couple.
Thanks

Hi Mnats

I received 2 envelopes One with 2 main boards and 3 PSU and control boards, the other had 2 Main boards and 2 PSU and control boards. Im missing 1 Rev J 1176 main board...

Thanks
Roger from JHB South Africa

RogerB said:
I received 2 envelopes One with 2 main boards and 3 PSU and control boards, the other had 2 Main boards and 2 PSU and control boards. Im missing 1 Rev J 1176 main board...

Very strange. I'm sorry - that makes two problems with your order. I will send you another package with some extras inside with your replacement set. Hopefully it will arrive before the other four are finished.

mako,

will you be making more 1108 boards? Or are there considerations?

Regards

Michael

muffy1975 said:
will you be making more 1108 boards? Or are there considerations?

Yes. I had hoped that those who purchased prototype boards would report on their progress and any improvements could be incorporated into the next version.

Yeah,

where are the progress reports ?  :D ;D

I'd love to see to pictures and reviews and methods.

A wiring diagram would rock cos stupid here  ::) can't see where the volume pot would go. Does the input side work as with the 1176 Rev A model. Does that mean we need one of those uber expensive T PAD pots connected to the input trannie? And.....no negative rail?

XOX

Hi!

Are you going to make any more 1176 rev J boards?

I would really like two sets.

Thanks.
Hee

Now that the rev A is finished (smashing job Mnats!) I think a rack of 4 1108s would be
very cool. How much are the boards? Do you have a readily available PS board that would power 4 channels?

Cheers!

fiks-lyd said:
Are you going to make any more 1176 rev J boards?

Yes, when the current stock gets low.

fiks-lyd said:
I would really like two sets.

Just follow the ordering instructions at the end of the first post in this thread.

stitch-o said:
Now that the rev A is finished (smashing job Mnats!) I think a rack of 4 1108s would be
very cool. How much are the boards? Do you have a readily available PS board that would power 4 channels?

The prototype 1108 boards are sold out. As mentioned just a few posts ago, I'm waiting for some feedback from those who purchased prototype boards before going ahead with a new batch. Since I'm not yet clear on what changes may be made, I don't have an idea of price.

Any of my power supply boards can supply the +24V rail, but I have a new design coming to provide the phantom voltage as well.

I wonder how much time would it take to build a rev D unit? Is it doable to someoen, who's a noob in DIY?

Hey,

as long as you can use a soldering iron well, can measure voltages and resistor values, understand the concept of polarity, follow instructions, are patient....it should be no problem. My first ever DIY was a REV J and it worked straight away but there was stuff to learn. The REV D is more demanding than the REV J.

Michael

individuality only exists within a 'community'.  :D Absolute individuality is being 'alone'.  :'(

.. O.K.... I have read this thread ( if I missed it I apologies ) , and did a search with no results, I ordered one of the new double-sided power supply boards to supply four W492 channels. I plan on using the trimmers to set voltages, but dont know anything about the red and green LEDs , what do they do ?  Quote - "  LED current setting resistors R1, R2 are for the +30/-10 volt supply. If you are using different output voltages you should calculate the correct value for R1 and R2 for the typical voltage on each output. " I also dont know how to calculate values for R1,R2. or the relationship between R1,R2 and the red and green LEDs.

... a little help please  ;D

Thanks,
          Chip

Back