Another Vari-µ, need help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valery

Hi to all!
I need some advise about Vari-µ limiter (compressor?) :
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l173/Valery_011/C.jpg
I want to remake this unit, and place it in 3U rack, but all potentiometers, are placed inside of the unit.
I want  to replace them on a front panel, because of it I have a question: what are the meaning of pot's P1,P2,P3 and P5?

> what are the meaning of pot's P1,P2,P3 and P5?

They are all Factory Calibration pots, NOT front-panel user adjustments.

Their settings may be explained on the other pages of that manual.

P3 is not factory calibrating, because it sets the time of release, and maybe placed on a front panel.
Other three P1,P2 and P5  needs periodicaly to trim by user, according to manual.
I think that P1 is a "Input volume" P5- "Output volume" P2 - "Threshold" , but I'm  not shure.

Valery said:
P3 is not factory calibrating, because it sets the time of release, and maybe placed on a front panel.
Other three P1,P2 and P5  needs periodicaly to trim by user, according to manual.
I think that P1 is a "Input volume" P5- "Output volume" P2 - "Threshold" , but I'm  not shure.
Yes, P3 could be FP mounted.
P1 is input adjust, P2 is ratio control, P5 is threshold. They could be FP mounted but actually don't offer much in terms of useful range. I reckon tampering with them will produce more bad sounds than good.
P4 is symmetry adjust (control-voltage rejection) so it's definitely a "non user controllable"

Thanks.
And what funktion execute the switch S1a&S1b, which placed on a FP. The first two position K1&K2, with P4 used for simmetry adjust. Other 4, signed dB -0 (I think it means "bypass") - 6 -10 -14.

Back