Need some more info silicone capsule mount G7 mic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marktokach

I have seen pictures and read some things about the silcone that goes under the capsule mount. I have a few questions about it. Is there a special kind of silicone to use? Do I make a mould out of wood? I am using the Ioaudio body. Do I just make holes in it to push the long screws into and then push the capsule holder scew in it as well? The body came with a brass capsule holder. I think I might also need the rubber thing that might attach the capsule holder to the silicone.?? Any help appreciated as this seems like the most mysterious part. I'l see if I can post pics but digital camera is on the blink.TIA

Silicone is used for moldmaking, among other things. It comes as a two-part mix, the base and the catalyst.  It is available in a range of durometers: a low durometer number is "floppy", a high durometer number is firm.  Silicone basically doesn't stick to anything except silicone.  Smooth-On is a good source.  If you don't feel like investing in that much material, we can make one to your specs.  Hope that helps. 

Back