PM670 Sounds like?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's something about compressors...well let me tell what I know about them. Not one of those shits are perfect and so we will forever build new ones. I have another one for you...and when I release it they will come.

Twenty tubes being driven into submission by two 50 watts TUBE amps connected to true 600 ohm 50 Watts OPT's...that's one nasty b*tch. Weighs in at about 65 pounds of point to point electronics. Yes everything I learned off the PM660 when into this.

analag said:
Twenty tubes being driven into submission by two 50 watts TUBE amps connected to true 600 ohm 50 Watts OPT's...that's one nasty b*tch. Weighs in at about 65 pounds of point to point electronics. Yes everything I learned off the PM660 when into this.

Are you planning to use an Ampeg SVT as compressor?  :eek:
Holy crap, I want to see that monster

iangomes said:
thanks for all of the response! I ended up selling the set. I've got too much on my plate as it is!

And they bought it...right?

Gentlemen, I'm trying to figure out how to make my 670 type as easy to assemble as possible. I also want as much as possible done within the forum by us DIYers. Soon.

lol, of course they bought it.
I don't know if I have offended you, analag, by asking how the PM670 sounds. I bet it sounds great. I was just looking for an excuse to keep the project when I knew I had to sell it off. I really appreciate your effort in designing and selling those boards to me, and I definitely intend on building one of your future designs (if you have one, and when I have some cash! haha).
Thanks!
Ian

Back